Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A New Watercolour

Lately I feel like I am in a creative whirlpool...I have no shortage of ideals, in fact maybe I have too many ideas...I am all muddled up and don't know exactly why...I think...I think, it's because I am not working on the pieces piling up in my sketchbook, the ones that make me giddy and keep me up at night...why am I just not diving right in to what I know will be creative bliss?!  I don't know...but I'll figure it out...in the meantime I'll just keep ploughing ahead, what else can one do!

Today I listed this original mixed media in my Etsy shop, it is mostly watercolour with abit of black coloured pencil and white acrylic paint. It is 5 x 7 inches and will/should slide nice and easy into any one of your favourite 5 x 7 frames.  It is a colour study for a larger piece but I think is worthwhile all on it's sweet tiny little self.


(The Original is SOLD) 

What do you guys do when you get in a creative muddle?

Thanks for hopping in...I think it's time to turn the studio heat on soon!  I was hoping to avoid doing do until November but my already frozen fingers are telling me that's not gonna happen.

Have a good day everyone, see you in a couple days.  XO M & The Buns.

14 comments:

Stephanie Amos said...

Love the new bird Mandy! I'm in the studio today, waiting for the creative juices to warm up. It's cold here too! =)
xx
samos

tracey l said...

Hi Mandy - so pretty. Took photos on the weekend, but didn't turn out too well. Gonna try again...T

Dogwood said...

well, first i love you new bird. pretty flower in the middle.

to move ahead with my art/crafts, i usually leave it for a while. usually a little walk and fresh air does the trick.

Anonymous said...

hello!This was a really wonderful theme!
I come from milan, I was luck to discover your subject in yahoo
Also I learn much in your subject really thanks very much i will come again

Juliette Crane said...

i am loving this new piece! the colors are wonderful and i cannot wait to see the larger piece. what do i do when i get in a creative muddle? knowing i always get through it if i push on through. that one thing always leads to the next. and for me, i always follow those things that bring me joy. my owl paintings... i just can't stop painting them, even though i've tried. but i enjoy them so much! so why stop :)

best to you!
juliette

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love it Mandy!
I wish I had more time to get things done and focus. I seem to be hopping around like a crazy bunny!
xx, shell

Kelly Lish said...

Just found your blog through the brave girls daily truth-what beautiful artwork-I just love your style. So glad I found your lovely blog!

suzanna leigh said...

very sweet!

Mary Anne Komar said...

What a lovely painting! The palette you chose is beautiful.

Diane said...

Beautiful--as always Mandy!!

Mandy Saile said...

Oh wow, thanks so much for your comments, you have all truly truly making my days by taking time to reach out and let me know your out there and spending abit of time wit me on this beloved blog of mine, THANK YOU:D

p.s. Juliette, I hope you always create your owls, there are very precious and indeed why should you stop...someone recently suggested I stop drawing bunnies!!!

p.p.s To all you fellow brave girls...welcome, thanks for hopping over:D

I am off to visit all of you now..XXOO M.

Anonymous said...

such a great piece!

Tricia said...

What a beautiful painting. I love the flower detail on the bird and it's vibrancy. I saw you on Brave Girls and I'm so happy I came over :)

Deyfen Slade said...

Turn the heat on in your studio??? It's not even November yet ;-)

Another great picture Bijou.