Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ghost Girl Inga with quite the story

I need to introduce one more Ghostly Girl before we break for holidays....

Her name is Inga and she comes from a place in Europe called Tengan-Talh, where the air smells like the colour of blue because of all the sweet grapes & blueberries growing on every single tree & bush. 
Inga had one of the most important jobs in that village, she lived on the mountain-top and was the head sheep shepherdess.

You see Tengan-Talh besides being famous for their fabulous smelling air is also famous for their magical sheep.  The Tengan-Talh sheep have the softest fleece in the world and the sweetest sounding ba's, one touch of their cloud like coats or one note of their sweet ba's and the hardiest of insomniacs would be lulled most gently into dreamland.

It was Inga's job to keep the precious Tengan-Talh sheep safe and sound as they spent their days roaming the mountain tops, eating blueberries and grapes to their hearts content.  At the end of a long lovely day, Inga would curl up next to some of her fleecy friends for a couple hours of shut eye (she only needed about 2 hours a night).  Than she would spend the early part of the evening singing to the sheep as they took their lavender infused baths & they would spend the warm evenings laying in the soft star-lite fields drinking hot cocoa with honey. 

There is more to her story but we'll save that for another time...

Inga wanted me to tell you that she is still a sheep shepherdess,  she still watches over her precious Tengan-Talh fleecies, just in a ghostly manner, but don't worry one bit for the sheep are never afraid,  they know it's her wisping by because they recognize Inga's lovely singing voice & sense her extra kind heart...



Ha ha, I had such fun with Inga (There is defiantly a kid's book in the works here I believe)

Prints of the first 4 Ghost Girls are available in my Etsy and ArtFire shops.

Thanks for visiting with me Inga & the bunnies...Dream of Inga and you'll sleep sweetly...

See you tomorrow for my last post before holidays....

XO Mandy & 4 bunnies anxious to rip into their Xmas presents XO

6 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Oh I love the story of Inga and her sheep. I wish I had one of them next to my bed at night--whenever I woke up, I could just reach right over and pat one and go right back to sleep. Love the visuals of them taking lavendar baths and eating blueberries.

Mandy Saile said...

Thank you Janet....I actually already have the beginnings of a whole kids story started for Inga:D....I think I'll try a story for each ghost girl...I am having such fun with them:D

Anonymous said...

I think I would like to have a few of them blueberries in my tea and enjoy her and her sheep

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You know I love her and I love your story too! You should continue writing it. :)
xx, shell

makiko hastings said...

Hi Mandy. Have a wonderful Christmas! xm

Deyfenn Slayd said...

These new images are fantastic. Such a departure for your colourful work. Does your talent know no bounds?