Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How Do I Love Thee....

Oh my babies...

You fill every single corner of my body with the warmth of love...

....you refresh every one of my cells & make them vibrate with goodness & light...

...you make my heart squeeze & shine in happiness that you grace my life...



We are still fighting Ella Luna's abscess...it's still pretty big but we were able to give her a week off from what's been a pretty constant & intense tending too...we find that aloe, manuka honey & oil of oregano (& letting her ingest the fresh herb of oregano) is our best bet so far....Ella remains tough & strong and her limp has gone (since the oregano) and she's as peppy as ever & bossing Roo around like she's queen of the castle....oh wait, she IS queen around here, and we are quite comfortable with that, ha ha...


Somedays I don't get much done at all but hang out with & cater to the 4 bun babies...basking in their beauty & silliness...and ya know what, doing so can feel like an exceptionally successful and fantastic day so I am finally learning to not fight it...hanging out with the furries whenever I can has always been a priority & I am not shy or embarrased about that priority, for they have such precious & short lives....and heh I am no fool, I know good company & friends when I see them, ha ha.

Any fellow rabbit slaves out there dealing with abscess in their bunnies? Please leave a comment on what you found has worked best for you.

p.s. Do join me in lighting a candle for a friends little bunny named 'Marlin Bruce' who recently had to be helped over the rainbow bridge due to a massively bad abscess in his teeth/jaw:C

XO Mandy & The Love Bunnies.....

8 comments:

Karen M said...

What beauties they are! Just this morning I had to remind myself to take some time to actually enjoy my bunnies. The distribution of medicine has become so constant, that its easy to forget the petting sessions....
I wondered how the oregano worked to help Ella Lunas's limp. Is it good with arthritis, do you think?

Stephanie Amos said...

way to go girl! giving in to what is important to you is what it's all about, right? ;)

how's that cup of coffee treating ya? hehehe

xx
samos

ladaisi said...

I must admit, I've never been much of a bunny person until I started reading your blog. And now, I think I could really love having one.

Once I saw a baby rabbit sitting in the middle of the road (I live in the mountains) and I wanted so badly to take it home with me, just because it was so small.

And my husband refused.

Of course, he had good reason. To date, I have tried to take home a baby owl, a baby possum, and a baby bunny. I have actually brought home a flying squirrel, a fawn, a mouse, a bird, and some strange animal that I think was a puppy but it's hard to say. . . .

So I understand completely where you're coming from, I think.

Ladaisi Blog

Mandy Saile said...

Lauren, never stop trying to bring animals home to help:D...the world needs more kind hearted people doing so. XO

Stephanie...the cup of coffee would have been abit sweeter if I were enjoying it across from you my friend:D XO.

and Karen...I've been thinking of your and yours and wondering how it was all going. Try oregano for your sweeties...ours wouldn't eat it at first because it's such a strong smell but now they devour it. Apparently oregano is great on many levels, the oil is an antibiotic of sorts and the fresh herb is suppose to be a super charger for the system & really good for digestion and aiding cells etc...so I think it just gives Ella a boost on the inside which in turn helps the outside:D Good luck my fellow rabbit mama. XO.

Anonymous said...

The manuka honey will be working a treat and not just because it's from New Zealand. ;)

Have you tried homeopathy? Pyrogen 30c could be good for the bunny's leg as could colloidal silver. ;)

Sending you and the luffly bunnies lots of love. <3

Natascha said...

What kind of an abcess does she have as I just had one removed from my Guinea Pig. So I was wondering....

Anonymous said...

That looks like kale you are feedong them?
Yum

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Never give up...never surrender. Ella and us are confident we shall be victorious.