Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, February 18, 2011

Head Pain Struggles & Bunny Snuggles

I TRY not to complain about my life as a chronic/acute migraine sufferer too much because of 2 reasons a)I know I could have alot worse to deal and b) Unless a person suffers them themselves, they just don't understand what it's like.  But I mention my struggle with them here on this beloved blog of mine from time to time, because well, they really do very heavily weigh into and affect my creative life/business.  The last few weeks, I've really been struggling & at this point (as many many times before) I am feeling extremely fed up and frustrated.  I know my doctors have said time and time again that these migraines are just part of my physiology and something I had to learn to deal with but I am honestly feeling like I've reached the end of my usually very strong & tough tether.  I feel like screaming 'ENOUGH PAIN, ENOUGH NOW'.  I am so jazzed about so many things I am trying to do, but I keep getting pulled back from all this head pain. And, what bugs me almost more than the pain is the nausea that comes fast & furious because the pain is so intense & constant....& I am a trooper when it comes to the head pain trust me, but I am a complete suck when it comes to my tummy turning...UGH. 

The extra crappy thing is that I have many triggers which include: Allergies (especially to smoke) sinus, stress, a shortened muscle in my left shoulder, Osgood Slater's disease in my knees (which is a fancy name to say my knees dislocate very easily), there is the fact that my upper spine is curved the wrong way and that I have arthritis in my neck from the years & years of being bent over artwork BUT the biggest culprit to wreck havoc on my poor noggin is barometric pressure & weather changes, which has been an extra nasty roller coaster lately & which my trusty little codeine pills won't help.

 I find when I endure pain, days on end with no relief in sight, one of the only soothing things that buoys me is oodles of BUNNY SNUGGLES.

Jinster is one of the best snuggle buddies around & I just had to share these photos Jon took of us just last week, for I love them oh so much...





Doesn't she just have the prettiest eyes...

I've been holding this frustration in for awhile, alas I am done holding it in...this blog of my is suppose to be a place of honesty & authenticity after all.

I have a couple new pieces to show you including a Northern cousin of the 'Beautiful Birds' & he's so anxious to say Hello, however, my scanner has decided to revolt, I've not been able to scan any new pieces in & the search to replace it is not going well!

XO a pain-riddled Bijou & My Snuggle Bun Jin

14 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Glad you have your bunnies to snuggle with. Hope your headache leaves soon!!

Annette Tait said...

sorry about your head pain Mandy.
Is it migraines? I get them and they are just hell. I also get them from amines and salicylates in foods. I have links if you need them and I find that some foods trigger a bad reaction immediately that takes hours to leave. I get them from fluorescent lights too! (my list is looong :)
bunny snuggles are the best at this time!

ladaisi said...

I am so sorry you have to go through that.

My mother has had horrible migraines once a month since she was in her early twenties.

I hope you find a cure.

Ladaisi Blog

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you
Have you thought about going to natural medicinal dr or go to acupuncture?

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Bunny snuggles are the best for head pain. Love, love, love this new piece Mandy!
xx, shell

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your migraines. I get tension headaches which are sometimes so bad that my speech becomes incoherent and my vision blurs so I understand to some degree what you are going through.

Thankfully I can use a special warming lotion (tiger balsam in Norwegian) which helps my muscles relax and that eases the pain somewhat. I don't know if something similar would be helpful to you at all?

Luckily you have bunny snuggles. Feel better soon.

Mandy Saile said...

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your comments...a gals just gotta complain and vent once in awhile right, ha ha.

I have no food triggers, I've been tested for that quite a few times...flourescent lights don't agree me either, nor do the new energy saver bulbs, I find if I am in a house that has those I have to ask my friends to turn them off. I've tried tiger balm on my myself...doesn't help unfortunately, but sometimes a really good massage does. Acupunture, nope....but thanks for all the suggestions guys. XO.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Bijou, you cop tremendously with your migraines...and yes, you are more then entitled to complain about it whenever you feel like it. Despite your infliction, you are far more productive then others with far less "disabilities". Bravo!

Laurie Linn said...

Complain on Mandy - you are right. Your blog should be a forum for you to let out the real you. I've suffered from migraines my whole life and there is nothing like them. Thank you for sharing the good, the bad and the beautiful that is your art.

Mandy Saile said...

Deyfinn my darling & Laurie...thanks so much for your supportive comments...I am sending a big hug to you both right now. XO.

p.s. Laurie I hope your get better someday too.

Stephanie Amos said...

my dear friend,
i've missed chatting with you. sorry to hear you've been having rough spells with the pain. i will send good juju your way in hopes that you can be at peace. ;)
xx
samos

Mandy Saile said...

I've missed you too Stephanie...sending over some giants hugs.

Sunny Carvalho said...

I know I'm a little late (just found your blog!) but I just wanted to say, "I understand"! I have had headaches for as much as 28 days out of a month since I was about 18 years old (46 now). Stangely, since I guess I'm nearing menopause, they are getting better. If that's the case, I say "bring it on!!!" I hope yours are getting better and I just wanted to give you a little encouragement!

Mandy Saile said...

Sunny thanks so much for getting in touch...I am going to email you.