Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ella Luna Is Back Home

Well Ella Luna is back home and on the mend...thanks goodness.
The time leading up to the surgery was stressful and I kept panicking.
The day of the surgery was terrifying as usual...passing her off the the doctor and nurses is always one of the worst feeling in the world to me...I have a really hard time with that.
BUT we have the best vet ever. 
He let us stay with her in a private room with binkies etc..
right up to the minute he came in to knock her out for the operation.

The cut is much more extensive then we expected for once he got in there the infection
was spread along that side of the body more than anyone thought....
But now she's home and on the mend. 
I am breathing normally once again
and our heart rates have returned to normal, somewhat, ha ha.
The cut looks good so far, and it's not bugging her nearly has much as her twice daily antibiotics
or the sweaters we are making her wear to help avoid little miss from picking out her stitches.
This darling of ours has had 3 surgeries before this one and every time she nimbly picks out the stitches!!!

You can find me sitting on the floor with her in the wee hours of the morning, making yet another sweater, since she pulls and nibbles on them so much, usually after a day they are worn out and don't fit anymore!





We are honestly pretty exhausted here in the warren of the Saile-Petersons, ha ha.
Jonathan had to use a few days holidays to stay home and help me with Ella.
Watching her and making sure she's okay, cleaning the wound 3 times a day, giving her the medicine, making sure she is not getting at her stitches, or getting stuck in the sweaters somehow! or not falling over on the sore side (she actually rolled over on her head and onto her back this morning whiles trying to wash her face!) is a full time job....we're even sleeping in shifts, so one of us is with her at all times.

Than there was the week before the surgery when my back went out, ugh!
and I had quite a few migraines due tot the stress no doubt but also probably abit too much painting...
Than I am feeling abit of stress knowing that the tax papers must be put in order and filed soon...
on top of sleeping on the floor and feeling abit bruised around the hips...
THAN
there's all the work to be done for my fast approaching solo exhibition...
plus I am nervous that the abscess will come back, which is a possibility

...but right now we're just happy our girlie is home.

My dad swooped in like an angel (an angel with a broken foot that is)
and took a bunch of my pictures home to make frames for them...and I know his framing rocks,
so that was a big weight off my pile...THANKS DAD.

Thanks also to everyone who emailed and wrote wishing her well, that meant the world. 
I passed along every single sweet word, snuggle and kiss that you guys sent.

XO Mandy and Ella Luna XO

18 comments:

Jane said...

I know your stress Mandy and how upsetting it is when our little furry friends are not well.
So pleased that the news is good and Ella Luna is happily back at home with you wearing the latest fashions! I'll keep her in my prayers that she keeps well
xxx

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much Jane:D XO.

Diane said...

Oh my goodness!! She's precious--I hope she has a speedy recovery. My daughter is going through a tough time with her dog's leg--he's had a lot of procedures done on it in the last couple of months. And he never seems to mind--we need to take lessons from these wonderful "people".

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh thank goodness. I've been so scared. I've had two friends lose their bunnies the past few weeks and I'm so happy and relieved to hear the lovely lady is home. She is truly amazing and you and Jon are such wonderful parents. Ella Luna is sooooooo lucky to have you both.
Sending light and love to all of you that life get's back to normal very, very soon.
Hugs and friends always,
Shell, Sugie and Harrington

Deyfenn Slayd said...

The tough-nut returns home. Are we tired, oh ya, but we wouldn't do it any other way!!

Ps Bijou, the sweaters are great...and the designs are evolving all the time...you're getting to be a real pro at them :-)

Mandy Saile said...

Your right babe, we wouldn't or couldn't do it any other way...all or nothing;D

Diane, thanks so much for the note. I hope your daughters dog mends up well and quickly as well. I was telling Jonathan the other night that Ella Luna is tougher than the two of us put together...and we're pretty tough, ha ha.

Dear Shell...thank you my sweet friend...I told Ella that Sugie and Harrington and Auntie Shell were cheering her on;D XOXO
p.s. that teeny weeny treat is going in the mail tommorow.

Lisa said...

First of all, Mandy I am SO relieved to hear that little Ella Luna is doing so well! But I am sorry that you are not doing so well right now. Just stay as strong as you are and you'll get through it.

OMG. The unbearable, painful cuteness of Ella Luna fully clothed!?!?! I almost can't take it. I know it's terrible, but I'm dying right now.

Deb said...

She's so sweet. Happy to hear she is home safe and sound.

mia said...

LOOK at her~she is beyond adorable in those sweaters! Hope she heals well, and that you guys get some rest! Feel better, Mandy!

Mandy Saile said...

I know you were wondering about Ella...thanks so much Lisa. I meant to email the news but haven't had much time on my computer. Give Sogna and Biff a snuggle from me and Ella...I'll write back very soon:D XO.

Deb and Merrium...thanks so much. She is a cutie pie isn't she:D.

Snap said...

It's always so difficult when a furbaby is ill and trips to the vet ... ACK!!!! Ella is such a cutie and I'm so happy to hear she is home and on her way to recovery! Hugs---

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh so sweet!
I had to call my daughter in to see the pictures of your two babies
i just love them!
i will say a little prayer for Ella Luna. A little bunny prayer!
xoxoxxo

Natascha said...

Omg the sweaters are so adorable and so ingenious. I will remember that one if I ever need it. I'm so thrilled she is recovering. It so nice to have a good outcome!

Judit Gueth said...

Omg! She looks so adorable in those sweaters! I'm glad she's on her way to getting better.
Love,
J.

Anonymous said...

just checkin in again on ella luna to see how she is doing.

Annette Tait said...

goodness - I've missed your last post and just read about Ella now! so glad to hear she is well Mandy.
Arabella has had 2 operations with stitches and I know exactly what you mean when you say it's a full time job, 24hrs of watching, nursing and attending, and ofcourse, worrying! sending you some strength and a little peace and lots of love, and gentle kisses for Ella, so, so precious xxx Annette

suz said...

so glad to hear your little one is doing well - hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. Love the sweaters - what a practical idea!

stephey said...

OH! I am THRILLED to know she is doing better and here's to a healed hip, deep restful sleep, pain free back, worry free days and O'papa's healed Angelic Foot - whew! much light and comfy-ness to you and all. now, for a little beak of my own, so can relate to the headache stress, no fun at all. best to you and yours