Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Apple Pie Cake

I tryed this recipe not long ago and it's so easy and yummy I just have to share it...

Apple Pie Cake


1 cup of organic cane sugar
2 organic free-run eggs
1-2 tsp's of almond extract
4 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
and a tiny dash of salt
(A sprinkling of nutmeg or cinnamon or both is optional)

-Combine eggs, sugar and extract in a large bowl and mix well.
-Than stir in the sliced apples and than sprinkle in the flour, baking powder and salt than mix mix mix.
-Pour the lovely mixture into an 8-10 inch pie or cake pan.
-Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if you want.
-Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, cool slightly before serving....and YUMMMMM.

Enjoy!

I've been having to back off from my studio abit lately...
I got pretty sick with a bad bladder infection, than dealing with yet another tummy flu and
I was also swept off my feet with a new migraine med that I won't be trying ever again! Ugh...
Plus there's been a serious lack of good sleep happening in this home of ours...
My honey's bronchitis has been acting up and most nights lately we are up atleast till 4am with that...
There's been rambunctious bunnies making noise all night long
(sometimes the draw back of not having bunnies in cages!)...
and our sweet Ella Luna's feet needing constant tending too...
Anyhow, ha ha...
I have been reworking some of my old 'Wee Whispy' mixed medias and having such a ball with them...
I'll show you the results of one or two on Friday, if the sun pokes out long enough to get some shots!

XO Mandy, also with a sore head today

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you've been so sick. Really the migraines could afford to back off when you already have a bladder infection and a stomach flu and a sick husband. Hope you're both feeling better.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Lisa...I know, ha ha, I do often scream at my migraines and say "seriously now, back off because don't you think I have other shit to deal with right now!"...cluster migraines are hell and they are just one sort of many that I get, ugh!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm, yummy apple cake.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hope you're doing better Mandy. This recipe looks scrumptions and I think I'll make it for Thanksgiving. I do love apples.
xx

Mandy Saile said...

Shell, I think you'll love it and it's super easy...let me know how it turns out. Happy Thanksgiving to you, David and the buns of course:D XXOO.