Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hamish

Hi Hi Hi Everyone,
I am back.  Things got away from me these last few days,
doctors appointments (apparently I have 'aggravated' my chest wall!), etc etc...
and well honestly it was just mostly me opting for time outside with
my honey and bunnies instead of in the studio or online.
But I am hopping in today to introduce you all to a new little character of mine.
 
His name is 'Hamish'
 
Is he just not one of the cutest buns?
And guess what, like Sevanne, he too has quite a story...I'll tell you just alittle bit of it...
Where should I start?
Hmmm...maybe one of the most interesting things about Hamish is what his favorite smell is...
Yes, let's start there...
 
 
His favorite smell in the whole world is paper...old paper...
The older the paper the better, anything from the 18th century is his all time favorite.
This is so because would you believe that his bloodline is inextricably linked to Guess Who?
The Grimm's Brothers...
yep it's true, Jacob and Wilhelm often broke bread with Hamish's ancestors back in the 1700's.
 
Hamish's great great great great great great greatest grandfather was the scribe for the brothers.
'Hamish the Great Scribe' was the one who inked the words on paper whilst the brothers
spun their tales out loud.  Pretty cool huh.
(one wouldn't think that as humans, they would fit down into the rabbits warrens
but Hamish's family dug out a special network of tunnels & a story-telling room just for the brothers.
It is said that the brothers brought the secret of those tunnels to their graves).
 
Well Hamish, named after his grandfather of course, has paper, ink & grand stories
running in his blood, so he kept up the family business of sorts
and he now owns and runs one of the
largest underground libraries in the whole entire world.
Of course you have to be in his inner circles to even know where the secret door is to
this immense labyrinth of books...there's a secret knock and everything.
 
Yep, my sweet little Hamish sure does love his books & the smell of them....
We have that in common...I am hoping someday I'll be shown the secret library too!
 
p.s. Prints are on their way.
Interested in having the precious little 5 x 7" original for yourself?
Just email me at MandySaile@BijousWhimsy.com

4 comments:

Snap said...

I think I'm in love with Hamish! Wonderful!!!!

xx

Mandy Saile said...

Oh I am glad:D

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Hamish is so handsome. Great character and love those lashes!

Unknown said...

Love the stories. The thing is that the stories develop as you work on the images...not like artists that create a picture, then bs some story\meaning to their picture afterwards (I loathe that)