Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, January 26, 2018

Food Friday

I've been vegetarian for a really long time and going the step further to being Vegan
was easy once I educated myself on the horrors of the dairy industry.
It was made easier too because typically I don't crave anything super much (except for coffee!)
BUT once in a while I was still craving just one thing...tuna salad sandwiches!
Well a couple weeks ago my honey tried his had at Tuna-Free Tuna salad sandwiches
and holy crap, we are over the moon with it and right now it's all we want to eat!
You gotta try this recipe like now...  


Tuna-Free ‘Tuna’ Salad Sandwiches (My honey's recipe)

         19-oz can of salt-free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
         ½ cup vegan mayo
         2 tbsp dijon or whole grain mustard
         2 tbsp Maggi
         1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
         4 tsp celery seeds
         2 celery rib, chopped
         2 tbsp minced green onion or red onion or shallot
         ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
         2 tbsp dulse flakes (or more to your taste)

Mix all ingredients in food processor, just don't blend too much,
spread on your favorite bread and HELLO YUM.

No comments: