Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Saturday, November 9, 2019

42...My Lessons

Today is my 42nd birthday...
my lessons in the past year have been this...

1.  It's okay to live a life that no one else understands
as long as your not hurting anyone else, live it...follow your bliss.

2.  It's a waste of time to worry about the wrinkles, they're gonna come no matter what.

3.  Unattended stress/emotion/pain etc can be absolute havoc for the body (even tended crap can too)
& sometimes sadly that havoc can be permanent (for me it took the form of fibromyalgia).



4.  Many of my days are just about getting through the day with all of the pain I live with
and I realized that sometimes I will be ahead of the game but most of the time
I will be way way behind, that's just the way it is, there's no point fighting it anymore.
Some days I will be okay with that and other days I'll wanna scream & I am allowed to scream.  
There's a lot of stigma & misunderstanding that goes with being a chronic sufferer
and I am going to spend a good amount of this year learning to better cope & talking about it will be part of that process. I am aware that some people aren't comfortable with my honesty or openness or they just have no basis for comparison so it doesn't grab them and I am more than okay with those who want to tune out, I am seeking connection on this topic to help & inspire myself (and hopefully some others as well), cope, manage and heal, it won't be a conversation for everyone and that's fine.

4.  Find your happiness, cultivate it, soak in it, bask in it & don't feel guilty about it for one single second because the bad stuff is going to come no matter what & it's likely not at all going to be what you've been wasting your time worrying about...so be as happy as you can in between the bad stuff.

5.  There will be times when it's glaringly obvious whose there for you in times of need & who's not.
Don't waste your time, shine your light towards the positive, warm & helpful people in your life.

and 6. More than anything in the past year I have proven to myself again & again that I am one excellent bunny-mama and that I am in more ways than one a super resilient tough-ass chick.

So Happy Birthday to me and may it be another awesome year of learning.  XO.


No comments: