Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Feeling Alittle Blue...

I don't feel like working this week so please kindly excuse to lack of new work! I've been catching up emails, organizing computer files and sketching but mostly I've mostly been huddled up with a)my honey b)my bunnies c)The 1st and 2nd Twilight books which I can't put down! and d)some BigFish computer games which tells you my brain needs a break because I hardly ever play video games, ha ha! But I think I just needed a bit of a break after a good 2 solid very busy months on the exhibition work and I think my blue mood started late last week when we had to go pick up Hazel's ashes...picking up ashes for any lost loved one would throw anyone for a loop I think...it's just hard to even lift that box and think that it's some form of our beautiful Puddy-Pie in there...oh it's hard on my already soft heart...and than today I came across the very last photo I took of Hazel, by accident, I was photographing some necklaces on the window bench and suddenly as I clicked Hazel stuck her gorgues little face in the shot, ha ha...she was always doing things like that...oh how I miss her...and I just had to share this precious last shot because I am starting to learn that my blogging community appreciates my tender heart and my life and journey with our beautiful bunnies... I don't think it helped either that my fancy tail goldfish 'Bali' who graced me with his orangy sparkly loveliness for over 9 years passed away slowly and finally last week...RIP Bali, you were an awesome little fish....see I even get attatched to my goldfish! Now I only have 1, Tigger...who I feel bad for and wonder now if he's lonely in there all by himself!

I know the answer to get out of this mood and its to dive into work so I am off onto a new series...this one is a series of birds, I am excited to see how they turn out, they'll be mixed medias on floating boards, there going to be 8 'normal' ones and 4 or 5 birdies with hats. The originals will hopefully be ready in time for me to hang in my AOM space for the fast approaching holiday season!...I think abunch of evenings working on these near a roaring fire with the beloved remaining babies is called for right now indeed....

Hugs to all of my fellow tender hearted bloggers...Have a cozy fall day...it's freezing here! and if I stay in my studio too long I can't move my fingers!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, you take gorgeous photos. Secondly, your work is so fantastic it makes me want to bite my own pencil in half!

Thirdly, if I had to lose one of my two little kitty monsters, I'd be eating buckets of chocolate and playing video games under a furry blanket myself, so don't be down on yourself for that. We are all allowed our blue moments, eapecially when we lose somebody (furry or not) close to us.

I wish I could be as productive as you girl, so if you need to take a breather, you do just that.

Lori said...

I'm sending love Mandy. I think it is great that you are letting yourself rest with your little family at home and doing what you need to do to take care of your self. I can SO relate. Can't wait to see what you do with the birds :)

Jonathan said...

It's been a few months, but still hard to think about our little Hazel, who I miss ever so much.