Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Weekend Festival

Last weekend, Friday through to Sunday Jonathan and I enjoyed a little festival that happens every year in our little city that is only a 20 minute walk from our house...

...Fairs & festivals are an odd mixture to me, one of excitement and a lovely buzz of bodies, lights & movement but also I always find an air of eeriness floating about and sometimes there is a hint of desperation, especially when the carny folk start beckoning & taunting you to play their games...

...I wanted to share some of my favourite shots from the weekend...


It was a good time including a concert by David Usher & my favourite part of the whole thing, an outdoor movie showing of "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs", complete with a handsome sweetie beside me, a cozy soft blanket to keep warm and hold hands under & of course a whippy:D....

Hope your summer weekends are finding you amid oodles of fun.  XO M & The Buns.

8 comments:

Karen M said...

Looks like a fun time. Love the photographs.

Katie :o) said...

I like the little fast comment buttons :o) I don't always feel like commenting, but love reading! What a great way to say "I've been here and enjoyed reading your post!"

Joyful!

Kat said...

Love the carnival photos, the lights, the motion! It reminds me I have some unedited ones from a week ago, I need to go play!

jacqueline said...

Looks soo FUN!! These photos are gorgeous and you look so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

What gorgeous photos Mandy! Looks like you had a really good time. I love outdoor concerts.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks for hopping in with all your lovely comments guys:D Trust me, I've been needing some extra comment love...XOXO.

Lori said...

I love that picture of you with the cone. Too cute!

Jonathan said...

Another great time at the festival. I am hoping that it becomes as big (but better managed) as it used to be.

And as for the whippy, it was a first, but not again kind of thing.