Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, April 29, 2011

A Birthday Present

So my sweet niece turned 9 just last week.
(YIKES Time is flying by!...)
I asked her 'Munchkin, what do you want for your birthday'
and she thought about it...


and than said "One of Your Birds With the Twigs...
But All in Black & White"

Well, who can resist their niece asking for a piece of original art, ha ha...
Her wish was of course my command...

I turned one of my 'Nubbin' birds into a black & white version
and painted a different bird on each side so she can flip it from time to time...


Happy Birthday Munchkin
You awesome little girlie You


XO Auntie Bijou XO

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mandy! You are so clever. :)

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

How sweet! She wanted your art as a present. Aww!Happy birthday to her! The bird is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

wow!
what a lucky girl
you did a great job and I bet she loves it!

Annette Tait said...

how absolutely perfect Mandy!!
your niece is so lucky :) (I have 2 that order originals quite often as well :)
Love the photo of you and your mum below! do you have it framed?

ladaisi said...

Such a sweet post!

I love this bird! It's beautiful.

Jules Dolly said...

This is just pure joy. Beautiful. Love it x

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Nice job on the b&w bird. Would look good in all kinds of "Black" based rooms.... ;-) ;-)