Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Fish, Tigger

I am abit sad today
My fantail goldfish just passed away.

I had the feeling it would be his last day so yesterday his tank was gently re-freshened
and candles were lit by the tank side all night long.
(my honey even got up in the middle of the night to re-light more for him, thanks babe)


He was old.
I had him for almost 13 years.

When he was just a tiny little thing, maybe 2 years old, he got stuck in a seashell in the tank...
I thought the cat was crafty enough to scoop him out somehow to eat him!
A week later I glimpsed something shiny in one of the fish tank sea shells...
I jumped up for a closer look & saw something that looked like Tigger's tail.
I called Jon at work in a panic (those who know me wouldn't be surprised that I panicked!)
He of course and as always rushed home to help me out...
he gently cracked the shell apart and
holy smokes there was Tigger, inside of the shell
ALIVE!
He was shaped like a 'C' for quite a few months afterwards...
And I had much apologizing to do to the cat!

RIP Little Goldfish Tigger,
you were a cool fish
& thanks for always delighting my eyes and heart with your lovely orangey-gold glittery-ness.

(I still haven't been able to bring myself to compose a memorial post for my neice Torry McIntyre but I will find the words soon hopefully, as well as show you the picture I created in her memory).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was always amazed that he was alive after jamming himself in that shell..and more so that he outlived his brothers Bali, Boof and Toby by very large margin.

In his last month, he was very active and loved coming to the surface at speed to eat his breakfast.

Tigger, you will be missed.

Lisa said...

RIP Tigger :( Honestly though, that's amazing, I've never heard of a goldfish living more than 3 years. Not even far less adventurous goldfish who do not get stuck in seashells.

Michele T said...

Thanks for sharing these amazing memories of Tigger - you had me teary-eyed. On another note... I am so sorry that it was your niece who died in that car accident, I remember the newscast, such a tragic loss of too many young people.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much Mimi...it's been hard and I think of her everyday.

Stephanie Amos said...

oh my gosh, mandy. my heart aches for you sweetie. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. ox
samos

Natascha said...

Wow that is so old for a gold fish. You must me a fish whisperer! :) Our pond gold fish are in the basement right now w/plant lights on them in a big water trough. When it warms up they will go back outside in the garden pond.