Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend Come & Gone

Hi everyone, I hope your weekend was wonderful, relaxing and fun. Our Easter weekend was filled with a relaxing 4 days off, with good company, excellent food, lots of movies, lots of rabbit snuggling and also a nice baptism.
Also at our house the Easter bunnies decided to strike. They demanded to put down their egg baskets, and instead lounge around all weekend long, stretched out in the sun and taking long naps. Who were we too argue, as animal advocates we were obliged to take their side...luckily there was no picketing involved.

This past week, I tryed my hand at 'Pysanky', which is the traditional Ukrainian way of decorating eggs. I have to admit it defiantly was not my thing, I couldn't get the wax to flow through my kistka at the right rate and the wax kept coming off my egg. Regardless it was fun and interesting to try a technique and tradition that is over 4000 years old.

Here are my 'attempts'. The pink bunny one was my favourite but I didn't have time to finish it, and I also dropped it once I got home! As frustrating as I found Pysanky, I'd like to try it again next year.

I am looking forward to this week and to getting lots of things done; to getting back to my blog entries and to just enjoying the days. Although today I do feel abit sad because we'll have to go pick up Noo's ashes. Be Well Everyone and extra kind to one another.

No comments: