Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Favourite Photo

Good Evening All. I just wanted to share with you one of my most favourite and recent photos. Those who know me aren't surprised when they see rabbits and books everywhere in our home. I love this shot because it not only gives you a glimpse of what I have in queue for reading, but it shows one of my most cherished things, a solid bronze rabbit sculpture and even better, if you look past the plant, our Ella-Luna sits quietly and peacefully in the background. I just love getting that perfect tidbit of a shot that gives the impression and feel of an entire space.

Anyhow, do any of you find that every once in awhile, no matter how positive or calm you try to be, you just experience a day that throws you for a loop. Yesterday was one of those days for me. It involved; a sliver, a sting, Roo hurting his paw, the clothes line breaking and dropping all the clean clothes into sand!, and well, I'll try to be polite here....neighbours installing a massive whirlpool in their yard, making my yard seem like it's next to an airport and causing a very annoying and loud 'hum' throughout our whole house. I mean seriously, what is wrong with people? I find it very easy to be considerate to everyone, it's only common sense in most cases. The old adage, 'do unto others as you would have done onto you' (or however it goes) is a very simple and lovely rule to live by I think. But I must digress, I am sadly learning that it's not something that works well if others aren't willing to go along with it too. Anyhow I do want to be honest about my days and experiences but I don't want to go on and on endlessly about them either so, today I wanted to write to everyone and let you know that I'll be taking a few days off from the blogging & my studio...but not from my work altogether don't worry. It is a much needed and well deserved mini-break I think. I'll come back fresh, renewed and with lots of new images to share with you. In the meantime, I hope that you'll check back in with me in about 5 days time. Although who knows, I may just not be able to stay away that long, ha ha. I wish you all well, with happy and creative days...be kind to your neighbours and yourselves. I'll be back soon.

(P.S. I feel that I much come back to this old post and add a postscript. Instead of sitting in my house getting madder and madder about the whole whirlpool noise, I went over right away and honestly told the neighbours what I was thinking and feeling. A few days later, they put rubber bricks underneath and presto the noise is now at a very comfortable and very tolerable level. I am so happy as I love these neighbours and regretted and worried about any problems between us. I feel thankful and lucky that it's bee resolved so nicely.)

No comments: