Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back in the Studio

Good morning Everyone, I hope to find you all well. Over the past 3 weeks, I have driven almost 4000km and let me just say I am pooped and also excited to be back in my studio. All of those kilometres were going back and forth between Toronto and home, we ate in some wonderful new places, saw and did some neat and fun things and I got to spend alot of time with my best friend, so it was a wonderfully busy and full past month.

Today let me share with you some of my photographs from the R.O.M. We went to see the Dinosaur exhibition, which was very good, but I equally loved the Shanghai Exhibition and the one on Darwin was great as well (unfortunately no photography was allowed in this section).

So here's a couple of shots on our stroll to the museum...



Here is the beautiful new addition to the R.O.M. Alot of people hate it, but I just love it, to me it looks like something emerging from the ground, just as equally solid and despite the very unusual design, it's natural somehow.

Now some of the Shanghai Shots...This was one of my favourite parts a gateway to burial land. I can't remember what dynasty it was from, but a king had giant and beautiful gates like this built to surround the land where his prince sons were buried.

And some of my favourite sculptures...
And my favourite dinosaur bones...
and two of my other favourite shots from the day...

It was a good day...they were all good days. I have alot more to share with you all...but that'll be all for today, I am very anxious to get into some work. Until tomorrow when I promise to have a new print or illustration to share...happy creating.

3 comments:

Luna Levy said...

Wow you were really on the road!
But road trips are actually fun most of the time, I wouldn't mind going on one myself!
And you took the time to take some great photographs too... thanks for sharing :)

Dharma Designs said...

GORGEOUS Blog!!!! I'm glad I found you through Etsy!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time. :)