Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Portrait Of An Old Friend

Good Tuesday everyone, I hope your all well. I am quite well...I miss my dad a lot, as he's been in Germany with my grandpa, but he'll be home this Friday and I really can't wait to see him and hear first-hand all about our family overseas. It's funny because though he's not gone long and I know exactly where he is, my dad is such a strong constant for me that I've been ever so aware over the past week and a half that he's far far away, it's kind of a weird sensation. Anyhow, I spent Monday at my mom's, I love doing this. I drag over my coloured pencil and big portfolio. We play music, eat nice food together and she just sits at the table a lot and watches me work and we chat away the whole time, I just love my mom and I love being able to spend time with her like that.

So this is the image that I made whiles I was at my mom's.


This is a coloured pencil portrait of my old friend and first skinny pig Gimmley. He was lovely and wonderful and though we were only graced with his presence for a short 7 months before he passed away of a sudden stroke, he loved me so so well. We had countless snuggles together. Jon always says "That little guy was always sleeping on you" and it's true, he loved to curl up under my chin and nap for hours. He'd snore and make this adorable little sound and his ears would flip and flop like crazy, ha ha. Anyhow, I've been meaning to make a picture of him for awhile and I am happy that I finally did. This picture is of course dedicated to our angel Gim.

On another note. I am so pleased that Strawberry Angela Curls, over at Etsy has chosen one of my lino-cuts in her "Treasury Collection", check the page out here. She has a unique style with what looks to my eye to be inspired by Mexican Art and style, which she applies to original hand-made tiles and jewelry. Check out her blog here. Thanks Strawberry, little things like that really can make ones day.

Well dear readers and art lovers, I am off to get some more work done. I am hoping to finally get Penelope done this week. I think my nerves are getting the better of me once again and stopping me from hitting that kids book full on but I'll win in the end, I am quite sure of it.

Be Well and Happy Creating, see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

Oh, your portrait of Gimmley turned out amazing!! His eyes just sparkle with life, and the colours are beautiful. I also love the frame you used to display it. Nice work!! :-) Wow! :-)
Love,
J.

s y s said...

Wwow..thank you so much for adding me to your blog. I love your style and I am going to add a link to your blog on my blog!
Have a wonderful day

~Strawberry