Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Friends In Exhibition & And More Prints For The Shop

Hi Everyone, these two prints will be added to The Shop today. This one is called "I Saw The Three Sister" and the print is from one of my original coloured pencils. This print is called "Peggy's Cove" and is from one of my original watercolour's. Enjoy!
I can't go further this week without mentioning three friends who are exhibiting at our local gallery very soon. Claire Calarco, a beloved local talent will be having her show in the smaller gallery at the WKP Kennedy Gallery and coinciding is a show with Dave Carlin and Nancy Davies called "Parejas/Couples", for this one Nancy and Dave team up with two Cuban artists, Nancy Brossard and Norberto Marrero and I trust that both shows will be fabulous shows. Claire Calarco is not only an artist but also an actress, she participates in many local films and she co-owns with her husband, a production company called "Pair of Ducks Productions", she's a very busy lady. I am so proud and happy of her...her exhibitions are usually well received and I can't wait to see what she has been up too, to go visit her new studio sometime this fall. Claire, doesn't have a website as far as I can see, I am going to have to convince her to get one soon so the whole world can enjoy her talent. Here is the announcement for Claire's exhibition... Nancy Davies is another local artist. I've seen a lot of Nancy's clay works and I just love what she does and I am anxious to see what her part in this exhibition includes...paintings, clay work...I just don't know but I am sure it will be good. Nancy doesn't have a website as far as I can see. Dave Carlin...well honestly no words can fully describe dear Dave Carlin...he is needless to say a local treasure. Someone everyone is in awe of. Someone everybody wants to be around and make proud and just an amazing and talented human being. Dave was my high school art teacher and honestly one of the big reasons I choose OCAD as my post-secondary institution...if Dave Carlin went to OCA, I wanted to also...and at the time I applied, they were only accepting 300 students out of thousands of applicants and Dave was one of the very first persons I told that I got in and he was so proud of me. It was through Dave that I realized I wanted to be an artist and it was through his nurturing that made me believe it was possible to be an artist. It was also through Dave that I came to love lino-cuts and printmaking. I bet he doesn't even know he did all of these things for me. So Dave if your ever reading this....know how very treasured, loved and admired you are dear dear man...and an early Happy Birthday to you talented and inspirational sir. (Dave has a blog here...though it doesn't look like it's updated much check it out.) Here is the announcement for Dave and Nancy's exhibition... I just can't help but gush and rave about the people I admire, love and look towards for inspiration..for any of my local readers, don't forget to come out for these two openings...they will amaze and delight I am quite sure. October 4th - November 1st, 2008 at the WKP Kennedy Gallery, North Bay. Opening: Saturday October 4th from 1:00-4:00 (and I am sure that drinks and food will most likely follow at Greico's after the gallery bit is finished up). It's kind of nice to be back to more frequent posts...so I'll see you tomorrow. Happy Creating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you at the Kennedy Gallery on Saturday?? ;-)