Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Secret Project Slowly Revealed

I am so excited to finally be able to reveal what I've been slaving over the past week and abit. But I've decided to show it to you all slowly over the next few days. I was asked to created a work of art in the form of a 'Shadowbox' for the W.K.P Kennedy Gallery's Gala Auction called "Shadowy Art for a Shadowy Planet" and my creation is entitled "Earth Intruders".
I've created a series of these wooden dolls. So today let me show you the first "Earth Intruder"...

I am so excited about these and as a heads up I will be introducing each individual handmade 'doll' into the shop very soon.

Join me here tomorrow where I'll reveal my doll #2 and again on Friday where I'll show you the third of the Earth Intruders. Then on Monday, I will reveal to you how the whole project came together and looks all put together.

I dropped my box off today and it's getting great response already. I am just so happy and pleased and excited about this project and it's opened up a whole new branch of ideals and concepts.

I apologize for missing Monday and Tuesdays posts, it's been busy with a few projects all coming to a close at once. Not to mention the wonderful and crazy fun surprise birthday party my sweet Jonathan threw for my 31st birthday this past Saturday.

Until tomorrow Be Well and indeed Happy and Joyful Creating. Mandy of Bijou's Whimsy.

2 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

That's beautiful! I love the colours too!

Anonymous said...

#1 - Your bday party was a blast. Best ever hands down. Can't wait for the sequel, the Big TV\xmas party.

#2 Your little nubins (dolls) are wicked cool. Colourful, creative, unique. I think that scroll saw is going to get a good workout...