Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last Minute Christmas Cards

I wanted to pop in quickly today to show you some special xmas cards I made last week. One of my favourite clients requested some Christmas cards, yet I had just delivered the last batch of my usual, large, watercolour paper, full bleed cards to a local shop and my new printer doesn't take the usual thick watercolour paper. But I really didn't want to not provide this valued customer with her requested cards so I made up a special batch and I am quite happy with how they turned out.

Each card has been glittered with gold and silver, the envelopes have matching stickers and each set was tied up with silk ribbon and I always enjoy adding extra little touches like the silver stars.

Though a departure from my usual cards being much smaller and not full bleed I am quite happy with them and more so knowing the customer loved them. I think these have more of 'hand-made' feel to them which I really like and I am thinking of switching over to a similar design for my whole card line...

The backs are simple but effective I think...and I really like the fact that they are earth-friendly, printed with pigment ink (sorry I can't afford soy inks quite yet!!!) on a acid-free, 100% recycled Canadian made paper, which is mounted on hand-made recycled rag paper with a recycled white envelope...
And of course I couldn't resist putting them in a cute little green bag...it's the little things that matter most I think...anyhow, see you all tomorrow...I have lots to share before I break for a few days for Christmas holidays with my little family.

2 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

They turned out really nice! :-)

Anonymous said...

I've always really enjoyed your xmas cards.