Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, January 30, 2009

I've Joined an Art Jury and Another New Sketch

I wasn't sure if I'd have time to post today as I was suppose to spend the day running errands and jurying some work, but my plans have been cancelled which is fine with me, I happy to stay home and get into the studio for some work...did I mention that I was asked to be on an art gallery jurying board? I've been doing so for about a month now, and it's so much fun...I love going in, meeting the other jury members and discussing the current applicants artwork, I've never done anything like this before and it's nice to be encouraged to voice our true opinions, I am really glad they asked me to join their team. Otherwise today, I just wanted to keep today's post shot and sweet so here, I have something new to show you...
I wanted to share another sketch with you all today. This is again from one of my photos, taken a few years ago, when Jonathan and I had the extraordinary pleasure to nurse, ween and care for a baby robin who lost it's mother and was near death. We futility tried not to get attached to him so we never named it, just calling him "Bird"...he graced our house for almost two months...when he was healthy, could fly on his own and could catch his own food, we set him free...believe it or not he came back to our very yard for years afterwards...we could always tell it was him because we were sure we could recognize his little voice and when we called "Bird, is that you?..." he would chirp back excitedly and fly closer and closer to us...it was a beautiful and wonderful experience and it was a pleasure to stare at his photograph once again in order to create this pencil sketch. That's it for today...have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah little Bird....that was a great experience.

Your sketch captures him perfectly!