Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, February 5, 2009

For the Sake of Rabbits Worldwide....

This is our beautiful and most wonderful Roo...a giant chinchilla who we happily adopted into our home about 3 years ago...those eyes of his, are the windows to beauty and peace...look at him, and look into his eyes and tell me it's okay to take rabbits just like our Roo here and tape their eyes open to smear lipstick on...the spray perfume on...to pour bleach on...until the rabbits either die or go blind...and this is considered the least evasive of animal testing...Now, I am not trying to ruin your day...but I promised myself that I would authentically blog and so please next time you buy beauty products or household products think our or precise Roo and millions of other just like him that aren't lucky enough to be in a loving home but stuck in a testing lab cage...

I am posting today from the deepest place in my heart and asking you, my dear readers to Please use Cruelty-Free, Not Tested on Animals Products, if you already are not. Again, I won't terrify anyone by showing the reality to you in photos etc, because some of the photos I've seen are quite traumatizing and are to this day still seared in my brain and scorched on my heart, but seriously if you love animals, be it rabbits or dogs or cats, than don't live another day in support of companies and products that treat them inhumanely. Switching your current products to cruelty-free is easy and just as affordable and nowadays there is a wide range of choice in most stores for your easy convience. You just have to look for the little rabbit logo or 'not-tested on animals' caption on any packaging for a clean and free and conscientious purchase. I've shown you our favourite Cruelty-Free products before, but I haven't done so in awhile, so I wanted to again stress the importance of doing this simple act...and I wanted to show you one of our favourite new lines..."Earth Therapeutics"... This is just a small sampling of the products we have by Earth Therapeutics. Pictured here are their fantastic Green Tea soaps, heel repair balm, stress relief bath salts, Bedtime lotion, hand cream, foot cream, body scrubs and my most favourite, the lavender and chamomile body wash.

This line is only one of many many cruelty-free options out there, so don't just think because you can't find the ones I suggest here on this blog that there aren't any to be had, part of the fun is looking and trying all the wonderful choices out there...experiment with different cruelty-free brands to find your favourites, trust me you won't be sorry.

Thanks for listening, I hope this post sparks even just one person to change over to better and more conscientious buying habits and I hope, as always that you'll join me back here another day. Be Well and of course Happy Creating.

1 comment:

Valli said...

I totally agree with you! There's just absolutely no need of this going on ... especially for the advancement of human vanity.
Do you have a link that provides a list of KNOWN animal tested products so that the layperson can be aware of what they may be unwittingly purchasing, as well? I know the non-animal testing logo is helpful...but of course, if it's not on the product...it could be suspect.
The world needs more conscientious people like you campaigning on behalf of the little ones we are supposed to be stewards of this earth for.
...blessings...