Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Amaryllis Birds

I can't tell you how much I love making these little necklaces of mine. When I make them my mind gets a much needed break from the 'everyday' and gets to sit quietly to bask in the delicious colours and texture of beads...oh how I love beads. I am the kinda gal who says 'no don't buy me that golden diamond ring...I want the beaded one instead..." ha ha. Plus, it's always nice to see your imagery in different formats...I've made some necklaces of this Red Bird before, you've most likely seen the version on the right, but now I've added the orange-y kind to the selection as well. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anne-Julie said...

it looks fabulous with the orange beads :)

Judit Gueth said...

Hmmm... They both look great! But I think I like the one on the right more, because the bird seems to stand out better. I feel that the orange beads distract a bit from the picture (at least in the photo).

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Anne Julie and Judit...I actually love the orange beaded version as well, I think the orange actually makes the image pop more...just goes to prove that we all view things differently, it's interesting, ha ha. I am almost out of those nice little red and orange wooden beads, so perhaps if I went with a smaller glass orange bead, it might work for all:D

Jonathan said...

My eye goes to the new orange one. It brings out some of the colours in the beak for example. That said, both are great. I'd buy one for my sweety...but...um...she's the one makin-em' ;-)