Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pondering the Pain and Needing to Complain!

(one of my teeny weeny lino cuts in the living room upstairs, with a butterfly ceramic I painted years ago, which has by now been drafted to the outside gazebo)
I hate having to loose a whole evening of studio time because of a migraine that won't go away...aargh! But I knew as soon as my knee started to ache that a change in weather was fast approaching and sure enough a cold front has moved in, the barometric pressure has changed..yet again! and presto Mandy has a headache...no surprise! Though it feels like I started with a headache May 1st that hasn't gone away completely yet and it's starting to make me feel abit tired and irritated! I worked and worked today as much and as quickly as I could through the pain, knowing that soon I'd be forced to stop. But ya know despite the pain and feeling frustrated at being forced from my busy schedule, I did still manage to feel and warm and content in the simple beauties of the day such as; the pouring rain outside making the studio inside brighter and warmer; the jazz was streaming; a new nubbin/art doll was about to be born; bunnies upstairs were cozily dozing than getting up for yawns, stretches and snacks of cheerios, ha ha, (I think this was the best beauty of the day) ; and lastly I admit to being slightly giddy still about the new carving blocks purchased during our last city trip... but alas I had to succumb to the throbbing monster sitting steadfast in my head and headed to the bed for some pillow-y softness, some tv (we're watching a cool mini-series called 'Tin Man') and snuggles with Hazel and Jin, as we brought them on the bed to chill out with us...and yes poor Jonathan had a headache as well. I am feeling stressed, I know this isn't helping the headaches...I've been accepted into a gallery and artist's collective, which is suddenly feeling like a big commitment and which I am excited and nervous about all at the same time (more on this later)...I have a solo exhibition coming up in October, which I have grand plans of having 18 images for and the framing of these 18 images is what is stressing me out! I am signed up for two outdoor sales/shows and that's always alot to prepare for, one is in July, one is in August and I've never done outdoor ones before so the whole booth/display part is what's stressing me out here...and ya know, I am irritated because these damn migraines knock me off my game and schedule, but what can I do...C'est La Vie for me! March was a great month for no head pain, April was not great at all, and now May seems like an on going constant dull thud...Here's hoping that June will be better! Oh I try not to complain too much, everyone has their problems, but once in awhile I have to break down and complain and rant and say 'damn these migraines and headaches..' Thanks for listening all of you who've popped in for this post. Be Well...I am off to more bunny snuggles...which I am thinking is the best medicine for sore and tired heads...

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

The gallery isn't a stressful thing, it's a good thing. No worries. Just breath...