Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Toronto Photographs By Moi...Part 1 of 4

Way back in June or July of this past summer, Jonathan and I spent a couple days in Toronto, just enjoying our old stomping grounds and one of our favourite parks... We sprawled out under the towering trees with some ice cappuccinos beside us, a full beautiful day ahead to do at leisure whatever we wanted and we just basked in the heat and calming noise of park life...ahhh it was blissful... It's a park in the Beaches area that we frequented quite often when we lived in the city...it holds good and cozy memories for us...

We've seen lots of couples dancing and bands playing on summer days in this beautiful gazebo.

...and we've gotten hit in the head by acorns thrown by black squirrels quite often too, ha ha...which is why we're often seen looking up...like my Jonathan in this shot, ha ha.
Okay okay...so this blog is mostly for my artwork and artistic inspirations but I do include Jonathan in that group, and do oh so love to photograph him and I just love these shots of him so I thought I'd add them in:D
I also love taking photos of houses and gardens...or places and moments that just strike me as being quiet and cozy and most likely overlooked...like the side of this house near the park...
...and Jonathan of course took this one of moi...which I of course had to alter and crop etc...I think I had a sore head that day, which is one reason we were laying under the trees but I am happy that it doesn't show too much in my face, since bliss and contentment defiantly overshadowed any head pain that day...
...and I just had to show you my favourite little charm...my 'bunnies will be just fine while your gone' talisman that I just can't leave town without!
...A sweet little garden and house making the day even sweeter...
...a lonely park bench reminding us of how lucky we were for each others company...
...and fallen leaves reminding us of precious time being quietly passed...
I think as a carpenters daughter, I was raised with an appreciation for wood and the beautiful places and trees that they come from...so a 'normal' set of tree branches often holds much beauty for me...
I think this is one of my favourite shots I've taken of Jonathan so far...
But this "I am coming to get ya" shot is a possible close 2nd, ha ha.

And for now that's it...we took tons more photos but as always I try for this blog of mine to par it down to my absolute favourite imagery...so there you go...part 1 of 4....do join me next Wednesday for Part 2.

Be Well and may you find many beautiful simple moments and places to photograph wherever you may be.

5 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

Gorgeous photos! My favourite is the first one with the trees! Wow.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Judit, that was the day that we forgot where we parked the car and were late getting to your place for dinner, ha ha.

Lori said...

I love that you take time to just relax and enjoy each other and the day. The coming at you shot of Jonathan is my favorite and the picture of you is gorgeous! As always when I read your blog, I find myself wanting to come up and visit where you have been.

Dogwood said...

Wow, love you photos! Lovely, very lovey! Talent~so much talent. Keep it coming...

Jonathan said...

Great day, great photos....only I don't see the one of the 500 pound naked man on his beach towel???? ;-)