Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some Thoughts On Life and Favourite New Photos...

My heart feels so full these days, so warm and content... ...sure, not everything is perfect, but whose life is... ....sure, there are things I crave for like being able to travel. It feels like ages since we've gone anywhere exciting. I'd even be content with little trips to the city (which is 4 hours away) where I can take in some jazz, indulge in vegetarian restaurants, visit my friends, spend happy hours in Chapters and Starbucks and real art supply stores! BUT I know I wouldn't trade the buns for a trip around the world... ...and sure, I crave a 'normal' existence without all the pain I have, I don't know really what it's like to walk around without pain in my head, not for long stretches anyways BUT I also know it could be much worse... ....and sure, I wish I had more success with my work, it's not at all going the way I planned, BUT at the end of the day it doesn't matter what level of success I find myself at because what does matter is that I create and keep making things despite that..and that is success of it's very own merit. And, okay sure, I do feel a bit of a disconnect with people lately. It does have to do with my own sensitive heart and expectations of what friends/family/ acquaintances should do to keep even the most basic of connections flowing. BUT, I do have a small group of wonderful people around me, friends and family who are just so lovely...so I can look past all those who do disappoint to all those who lend kindness and light. And I love that some of the people I now consider lovely friends are kindred spirits scattered around the world and people I've never even met in person, but through my blog, my art and my love for animals...I am also so thankful for those people who reach out through the miles and make me feel as though we've been friends for ages. I say all of this because I am feeling reflective but also because today as I work from my studio in our cozy home filled with beautiful furry souls and my wonderful and unbelievable guy about to get home from work well I just feel like I could do this life of mine exactly how it is forever and ever and I really just need to express my joy...(and this is all with a pounding head!)... ....I confess all of this today because well who knows, tomorrow might suck... Anyhoo, ha ha most of you guys know that I love taking pictures and these new ones of my Jonathan and our Apple-Jaks are some of my new favs:D... I joke and call them 'My Two Furry Boys', ha ha...

...whiles most of the other buns are slightly more partial to me (only cause I am the one home with them constantly however) Jaks is very partial to Jonathan....

Oh I just love these shots. They capture the soft sweetness of Jaks so perfectly and the beautiful gentleness in that sweet guy of mine:D...

I feel so lucky to have a partner whose as in love with our bunnies as I am, whose just as nurturing and sweet to them and who loves them completely. As a young girl, I always knew the guy I'd end up with had to love animals and also be very very kind....well I've found that...and guess what, he doesn't eat meat either, bonus:D ha ha. I am told all the time how lucky I am with Jon and today since I am confessing, I send out a big loud "Don't I know it...":D Anyhoo, thanks for visiting, thanks for listening and I truly hope your all able to navigate your days with cozy and comfortable hearts too.

6 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh dear Mandy....I'm right there with you giving you a really big hug..friends across the miles that understand even though we have never met....Friends that are glad to find friendship of kindred spirits. We are truly blessed in so many ways. Love those photos. Precious...truly precious.
Friends always,
Shell

Mandy Saile said...

And you my dear Shell were one of the precious kindred spirits I was talking about:D THanks so much...I'll email you back very soon...I have a super sore head and I am going to get off my computer for a couple days. XO M.

Charlotte said...

What an absolutely stunning post and photos.

I think you are so, so blessed to have a man who shares your love of bunnies.

And I admire your gratitude - it's the key isn't it.

Lovely.

Charlotte
xx

Karen M said...

Beautiful, tender photos, Mandy. And a big hug to you, for hanging in there. Family is tough, because you have to take what you are born with. But it looks like you have some wonderful sweetness close to you, and that is what matters. See you when you return to the computer.

Judit Gueth said...

Beautiful pictures! Jacks does look really cozy with Jon. His eyes look so content. I've always admired your strength in the face of your nasty headaches, and always wondered how you get anything done?? And you do so much! :-) Keep doing it!

Jonathan said...

Ah Bijou, don't worry about being disconnected with people...your connection to the animals more then makes up for it.

...as for Timmy there (Jaks) I think he things I'm a rabbit like him...