Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, October 25, 2010

Vegetarian Delights...

Okay, so I have a question on this super rainy super duper cozy fall day, which always lends to cozier kitchen time...As many of you know, Jonathan and I are both vegetarians and we both love to cook and I often love to take photos of some of our successful dishes.....Here's the question:

Do You Think I Should Start Posting Regularly About The Vegetarian Food We Make & Include Recipes???

For example I recently made this: A White Bean Spinach Soup with Fresh Tomatoes and a Mushroom Saute with Pumpkin Seeds...


Or this Homemade Puff Pasty asparagus and goat cheese pizza with crispy tofu cubes on the side


Or this spicy and yummy Black Bean Soup...


Would you guys want the recipes for any of these things?  or would I be wasting my time. 

The posts would be something like once every 2 weeks...this is an art & bunny blog after all, ha ha BUT I also think the food/recipe bit could also blend in nicely because it does back up my whole belief in cruelty-free living, kindess to animals, etc which is defiantly part of the essence of almost all my artwork.

So you tell me, next time, should I keep our delicious cooking to myself or should I keep taking photos and go the step further and include the recipes???

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know your opinions....

XO Mandy & Our Four Fellow Veggie-Heads, Ella Luna, Roo, Jin and Jaks XO

14 comments:

Juliette Crane said...

i would love it! i'm veggie too, and always searching for new recipes, especially for winter. i love the photos you're taking too :)

and congratulations on winning the choosing beauty giveaway!!!

happy monday!
-juliette

Marianne said...

I would love for you to share your recipes. We live a 98% cruelty-free life and we are always looking for a way to spice up our meals.
Why 98% ? well.....I am sorry to say I do eat beef once or twice a year and I do eat seafood. DH is 99.9% vegan...he still eats canned tuna.
So I vote....yes post the recipes and anyone who doesn't want to read them will probably still love your creative photography, like the bean soup with the paint brushes.
Or you could post the photos with a link to a recipe page....since blogger has the option of pages now.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a vegetarian as of right now, but that could always change. However, I am always interested in vegetarian recipes. I know I would love your recipe for the white bean & spinach soup. The picture looks delicious. I would love to see more.

If you feel that this is something you want to do, you should do it!

Karen M said...

Personally, I'm always looking for interesting new soup recipes, and your soups look deliscious. Don't know much about vegetarianism, but learning something new is always good.

Orianne said...

Sharing a meal or recipes is a wonderful way to unite people, so please go ahead and post them. Besides, we eat with our eyes as well as our stomachs, so even a plain bowl of soup with a little story and a nice photo is a creative endeavor.

Denise Riches said...

It's fun to see what others are cooking for dinner...we all need to eat and cooking is just an extension of who you are. I say GO FOR IT! Even us non-vegetarians need a few good meatless dishes to cook once in a while!

Lucy Ingels said...

I love recipes on blogs...especially if beautiful pictures of the yummies accompany them.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I would love it!!! You know I'm a vegetarian and I think these look so fabulous! Of course, I'd rather just show up at dinner time! hee,hee,hee.
xx, shell

Art by Katalin said...

I think it's a wonderful idea Mandy!! I would love to have the recipes of these delicious looking dishes!! Your photos are so great..they really made me hungry!:)
I'm not a vegetarian yet but I'm always looking for good meat-free recipes...so just keep them coming! ;)

Suzanne said...

I love seeing recipes in blogs. I'm an unemployed pastry chef who is trying to make a living as a jewelry artist. I believe cooking is an art as well, and recipes most definitely belong in an artful blog. Judging by the samples you gave, I would especially like to see your recipes because you seem like a cretive cook.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so so much for all your positive feedback guys...and with all the support I'll do it than and include more food stuff on my blog, yaayy:D

Lori said...

YES! I'm a vegetarian too! I love sharing recipes. When I make one, it will be like having you and Jonathan in my kitchen in spirit :)

Tammie Lee said...

oh! If you think a recipe is delicious... please share. That white bean soup caught my attention, but they all LOOK and sound divine.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Thanks Bijou....now I am super hungry and it's still 1 1/2 hours till lunch. Might have to break into the spaghetti and "meat" sause early ;-)