Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, January 17, 2011

Portrait

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  For us, it was the perfect weekend to just stay home, catch up on bunny snuggles, read, sketch & watch old movies.

Anyhow, time to show you something new....a portrait...

I LOVE doing portraits but hadn't done any for a long time so I thought it was high time to make one.  I decided on a portrait of the beautiful dog, Tassie, that my parents used to have.   

Most of my portraits have been in black and white (you can view them on my website if your interested)  this is only the 3rd portrait I've done in full colour...and the first one done strictly in coloured pencil.


I am quite happy with how it turned out and my folks loved it. 
I am going to make sure I do more portraiture in 2011.

Happy day to you all...XO M & Ella Luna, Roo, Jinny and Jaks.

11 comments:

ladaisi said...

I love this! The pose is so natural, and I like how you've got the ball in his mouth.

This reminds me of a few years back when I got a commission to do a portrait of Welsh Corgies. Those dogs shed an enormous amount of hair - it's a wonder they aren't all bald.

- Lauren

Kristin Dudish said...

This is beautiful... What a great gift for your parents :)

xo
Kristin

Heather Foust said...

Wow!!! This is awesome! And only your 3rd in color. Very impressive!!Love it!

Anonymous said...

That would be neat if you can start selling your art that people have pictures of their pets that they just loved so much. think of the happiness that would bring to so many.
I think its great and I am proud of your work, good job!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

What a beautiful portrait and a beautiful dog.
Sounds like your weekend was perfect Mandy.
xx, shell

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Love, love, love it! What a precious gift. It is a beautiful portrait... great work!

Judit Gueth said...

It's beautiful! Your parents must absolutely love it!
Love,
J.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks everyone....my parents did love it, my dad even cried abit but than he usually does when I give him a piece of my work, ha ha.

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet mandy, this is gorgeous and so beautiful! Your work always project such beauty! Have a lovely merry happy day sweet friend and love to you!

Lori said...

WOW, holy cow, you're amazing Mandy.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

That is Tassy, no doubt about it.