Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Biking Adventures On Center Island

Back in August, after a blues festival in Drayton, my honey & I made our way back
to Toronto and hopped on a ferry with our bikes
(after spending a crazy $25 for parking!!!)
and spent a whole day playing about and biking on Toronto's Center Island.
We fell in love with the place and were kicking ourselves that we never bothered to
explore it when we actually lived in the city!!!
(mind you, back then we were quite broke and a cup of coffee a week was sometimes a stretch, ha ha!)

The day was very hot, humid and quite gloomy but we had a complete ball anyways...

Here is abit of our day...


As you can probably tell, I was hogging the camera, hence my handsome guy being in most shots.
I have to say, Jonathan was super patient with me constantly hopping off my bike to take shots.
He was even more patient with my constant and sudden screeching out 'OHHHH LOOK' followed by my zooming off on him because I saw something in the distance that I just had to photograph.
I think he's used to me & my camera by now, bless him, ha ha...

We can not wait to go back.  What a brilliant and refreshing place to bike and picnic.

By the end of our day we were pooped
and I was slightly bruised and sore from a spill on my bike, ha ha! 
We had to call our day to and end by a certain time so as not to spend too many
hours driving the Northern highways in pitch dark! 
But our timing to leave was serendipitous because the skies grew quite threatening and
stormy and we were more than ready to head back to the bunnies.

Have any of you been to the Toronto islands?

Thanks for hopping by.

XO A Bijou whose missing the city

3 comments:

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Great photos Mandy, looks like a fun day. My husband is constantly rolling his eyes at me when I keep stopping to take photos too. He is getting used to it :)
Have a fantastic day
Lee:)

Anonymous said...

That was an awsome day...can't wait until we can do it again. Wonder if we could cross country ski around the islands in the winter...that would be pretty awsome.

As for the picture taking...I never bothers me, your pictures are always worth it.

Gina said...

Beautiful photos! Although I lived between Oshawa and Toronto three times, I never visited those islands.