Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Looking Back at 2011 Art Work

Well I think 2011 can be deemed a lovely and great year.
And it's just one of many reasons why I love being a blogger...
because I can look back on my blog like it's a beautiful visual diary
& be reminded of some of what's transpired throughout the year.

I created quite a few new illustrations and creations in 2011.
Including all of these...


And all of these...


And all of these as well...


I created these new goodies in felt...


And because I like to offer the occasional giveaway on my blog, I gave away all of these...


There was alot of good stuff happening as well such as...
My work being shown in a new local eatery/organic juice bar called 'Veg Out'...
With my continued membership at a local art gallery 'Art On Main'...
and than a few months later, my departure from that same gallery...
I was featured in the local newspaper...
I tried out an 'ArtFire' shop...
I continued on with my 4th year with my online 'Etsy' shop...
I had my 3rd solo exhibition called 'Birds Of A Feather'...
Took part in an important 'Bun Blog Pledge' to help spread the word on Cruelty-Free Living...
I was interviewed on the 'Do What You Love', 'Courage To Fly' & 'Ladaisi' blogs...
I was featured on various fellow bloggers blogs like 'Heart Of A Cowgirll', 'Raspberry Rabbits'  
& on the 'Rabbit March.org' blog....
I plucked up the courage to invite a fellow blogger from a town away to spend the day with me...
My honey and I completely revamped my main website...
And we created a few new YouTube art demo's and artist interview videos
and we also introduced the new 'Bunny Diversions' videos as well...
I took an online mixed media course and the 'Do What You Love' e-course...
I was featured in over 63 Etsy and ArtFire collections/treasuries...
I sold my first 'professional' photographs...

I am sure I am missing a couple things but these are the major things that stick out in my mind for 2011.


Indeed it was a good year art wise...
BUT I am hard on myself and must admit that it could have been better...
I could have created alot more artwork (head pain always gets in the way)
and I could have had alot more luck business wise
(I am one of the artists who fully believes in her talents and
works her butt off but still never gets quite as far as she deserves!!!) 
I also could have had alot more luck with my name and work spreading around...
So that's where the goals are aimed for 2012.
(If you can help me with this goal, do please email me at mandysaile@bijouswhimsy.com)

If you'll join me again on Friday, I'll indulge and reminisce on 2011 just abit more.
See you than.

XO Mandy

p.s. 2920 days ago today (in other words 8 years, ha ha) we brought our precious Ella Luna home...
ahhhh tis an extra special day indeed.

6 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow... what a great look back at 2011! Looks like a wonderful year! I know what you mean about looking back and always thinking you can do more. I think we all do that! I hope you have a wonderful 2012!! :)

Steph said...

OMG what a year 2011 has been for you Mandy! It's amazing when we stop to gather our accomplishments in one spot.

I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring. : )

dayleanne said...

Oh Mandy - what an amazing inspiring year! Your work is always so beautiful and amazing! Here's to 2012 - amazing, amazing, amazing!
Congrats!

dayleanne said...

Oh Mandy, what a beautiful and inspiring year you had! I love your work and you should be so proud of all your accomplishments! Thanks for sharing and here's to a fantastic 2012!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Your work always makes me smile really, really big! I love looking at my Ghostly gals every day along with your beautiful felt pieces. I'm truly honored to own your gorgeous work Mandy.
xx

Anonymous said...

That is ALOT of work. Well done foo foo. You are a machine and I am very proud of you.

Your output for one year is what most people (myself included) would take ages to do.