Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday's Here With An Older Illustration

Good Friday Everyone. We've had a few lovely days full of sunshine and thankfully not-intolerable heat but today is gloomy and looks like it will rain any minute which I am actually happy about because I have too much to get done to worry about the outdoors beckoning me to 'come hither' ha ha.

Since I've been busy with some other secretive things:D which I can't share with you this week...let me show you another old favourite of mine "Home" which is the coloured pencil study for one of my most favourite paintings that I've done so far...here's the painted version...which my friend Maria will attest to that it's defiantly not one for sale, I just can't seem to part with it.

This version was done years later in acrylic on canvas and it's about 2 x 3 feet. It was one of my very first paintings that I didn't show to many people and aside from it's subject which hits home for me (at the time all Jon and I wanted was a little house near the water that we could live in peacefully and blissfully and fill with rabbits:D....we got our wish years later:D) whenever I look at this painting I am reminded of the joy I had in making it, the excitement that came with working with paints...well I just think that it's important to keep reminders around like that so I refuse to part with this piece and it happily lives in my main studio.

I welcome all of you to hyperlink images to your most favourite and not-for-sale inspirations in the comments section following this post.

Well, I really must get going...my studio needs attention....serious attention actually and some added twinkle lights and pink paint I am thinking, I promise to share photos of my studio someday soon. Also, today my dad is getting back home, yay...so we'll go meet him at the airport.

With that I bid you all a fantastic fantastic Friday...don't forget I'll be doing a Saturday post this week for the "Mad Tea Party".

1 comment:

mushroommeadows said...

happy Friday to you to, and I can't wait to see what you post for the tea party...I've been hearing a lot about it in blogland. :D