Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Tuesday Which Inspires and Delights

Hi Everyone, I hope this post find you all well and in good cheer. Today more than ever I am reminded that we are all responsible for finding our own cheer and delight, wherever we may be in our lives. You may be living some dream life in Paris, a lovely breeze filled existence in Greece, or perhaps your a little rabbit loving artist in a small Northern city...wherever or whatever you are, try your hardest to find delight in everyday. Well, ha ha that's my tidbit of advice for today.

Today, I was up bright and early. After watching Hazel and Jin play on their newly built deck, I had a great morning workout on my beloved treadmill. Then I proceeded to paint my new image rails for the studio so we can put them up this week. And then at lunch time I treated myself to an afternoon matinee at the theatres where I saw Mamma Mia, and I just loved it. When I was choosing which film to go see, I thought to myself "Mmmm, I really feel like I need some inspiration from moving colour" and this is exactly what this movie provided. As I walked home, cutting through the park and seeing huge storm clouds starting to surround the city, I just felt truly and blissfully happy. I love it when movies can lend to that feeling.

So what have I been busy with you may ask? Well aside from hanging out with my sweetie Jonathan, and our 4 bunnies, gardening and painting and shopping for door window inserts! I finished up "Stick In There"....

And I've been busy making these little beauties...


I've been making these felt and hand stitched stars for years now...usually around xmas time which I bundle up and give to a couple select friends every year. But I felt like making them again and not just for xmas this year. They are lovingly made by yours truly and can be purchased through my Etsy shop. I have about 18 made and I am excited to share them with you and hear what you think of them. I can promise that each one is unique and filled with good energy.

When I got back from the movies, I brought Ella Luna and Roo to play outside and I also brought these two stars to finish stitching up...I went inside to get a tea and when I cam back out I found this beautiful little guy crawling all over them...

So I stitched my afternoon blissfully away...surrounded by silly little caterpillars, chickadees begging for more sunflower seeds and tons of dragonflies like this guy...


How can one not be inspired or in a good mood when surrounded by bunnies and wondrous little beings. Until tomorrow everyone, have an excellent night and be well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy - I envy you being able to sit outside to enjoy all that nature. We're so hot here (heat index around 106), the only nature able to flourish are the mosquitoes. Just walking the dog down the driveway I feel like I donated a double at the Red Cross!

Thanks for the comment you left today - it's nice to know I'm on the right track. Sometimes I can't tell.

Have another fabulous day...

Kate