Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A White Knitted Hat & Good Books

So this past weekend was lovely and filled with relaxing, good food, good movies, a good visit with my sweet niece and some knitting...

My first every knitted hat and I am quite pleased with the results. It was quick to make and even though I screwed up quite a few times one can't really tell, I don't think! I wove a blue and green silk braided ribbon through just to add abit of spring-ish colour. And I am so pleased with how well the hat matches my beloved white sweater from my nanny that my mom gifted to me a couple months ago. Also for today, I must recommend these books which I recently finished and really enjoyed. 'Maid Marian' was a fun historical fictional read obviously about Maid Marian and her romance with Robin Hood, not one of the best but enjoyable. I am admittedly a big Luanne Rice fan and have every single one of her books in paperback, her latest "Light of the Moon' was a lovely read that I very much enjoyed. And "The Shadows of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafron, set in the thuggish and dark 18th century post-war Barcelona, this book is a gripping thriller/mystery full of incredibly huge characters that just grab you and pull you alongside a rich and intriguing mystery and just doesn't let you go, even after you've consumed the last page. I couldn't' put this one down and it is defiantly added to my 'favourites' list, I highly recommend this one.

Now that I've popped in to say 'Hello", I am off again to tend to a throbbing in my head and a rabbit who needs abit of extra TLC and attention at the moment. Until next post Be Well.

3 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

Wow, good job! You look really cute in it! :-)

Unknown said...

great job on the hat. It's really cute :)

Anonymous said...

Ah..the girl who liked to wear hats!! :-D