Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Art On Main Space Underway

I think I've been kind of quiet about it but I've been accepted into a retail gallery and joined an artists collective here in town called "Art On Main'. It's a wonderful space with very talented, professional and inspiring artists and I am so proud and excited to be joining the group, of which there are currently 18 I believe. I know my work will stand out but I feel that it will add well to the collection as well. I get 5 feet by 10 or 12 feet (I am not quite sure how tall the ceilings are yet!) and for the past couple of weeks we've been working hard to get things ready such as frames, matts, card rack, etc...even deciding on what to bring in and pricing everything accordingly has felt like a big task. I've never been part of a juried retail gallery to this extent before so I admittedly abit nervous. But I am also bubbling over with excitement and I am quite confident that I will really enjoy the days I go in to work as 'artist in studio'. I really got a kick out of this 'Exciting New Artist Coming Soon' sign they posted in my space...

Here are some of beautiful frames Jonathan has been slaving over for me. Not all of them will be used at once but I thought 'back up' frames were important so that when something sells I can soon after fill the space again with something new and beautifully framed up. They are made with poplar, I ordered their conservation matting's a couple weeks back, and the covering is lucite with I really do prefer over glass, especially when it comes to having to ship pieces...anyhow I am over the moon with the new frames...

...and this simple but great card rack Jonathan also made. Here it is upside down this morning so I could paint the underside...I white washed it and I was not really wanting to bring it over to the gallery space this morning but instead wanting to keep it at home for my own space here, ha ha...

...and my studio floor is amiss with all the stuff I plan to bring...hangers have been put on, prices figured out ...some stuff will be abit hard to part with but that's just the way it is...
Anyhow...over the next couple of posts I will share the set up...my art dolls will finally be revealed, I am so so so excited and in love with them and I think others will feel the same way. It's abit nerve racking to show your work when you haven't done so in awhile, especially locally because your that much closer to hearing anything negative...not that I really care though to be completely honest, about any negativity I mean! I am really hoping to get the space set up in a day or two with the first grouping of Nubbins coming in another week or two...Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I'm happy that you like the frames and card-rack.