Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, June 29, 2009

My First Paper Cut "Heart and Home 1"

Hi all. Well it's been abit crazy around here in the studio...lots to prepare for...so today's post will be short and sweet. I finally...FINALLY! did a paper cut and I love it, it's very addicting and I find very akin to the art of lino-cuts. Even the designing and making sure your contact points and stability are in the right places feels very relaxing and of a different challenge. I never paid much attention to paper cuts until I saw Elsa Mora's work, she inspired me to try my own. Here it is...the first in a series of 8 called "Heart and Home"...what do you think?

It will be available as a print very very soon but today I just don't have time to do the listing, but I'll let you know as soon as it's available in my Etsy shop. Until next post Be Well...I am off to finish a hundred tasks and to listen to the fantabulous Michael Buble whiles doing so (who's sooo not crushing on him after the excellent Madison Square Garden concert? which I just saw on tv but still, ha ha...).

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I really like your cuts. Very cool stuff, and removed somewhat from the other things you do.