Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our Hazel Has Left Us

It is very difficult to do this post but I must in memory of one of the best little rabbits that ever hopped on this earth...shockingly and completely unexpectedly our sweet and funny little 'Pud', our most wonderful Hazzy...suddenly died this past Monday night. We don't know what happened, she was having a perfect day (it never took much to make this little one happy), she spent 5 or 6 hours in the yard having a ball, she'd run up to me and touch her sweet little nose to my hand, she was sprawling out in the sun, happy as pie than later that night whiles watching a movie Jon and I were admiring how beautiful our sweet puddy pie was and I went in the room to give her hugs and kisses and a treat and she was looking just fine...happy and joyful as our little girl always was and an hour later she went into some kind of seizure or had a stroke and she died in our arms in a matter of minutes. We miss her so much. She added something to this home that none of the others have, she was so bright and special and loved and loved us so so well...

Hazel leaves behind her sister Jinny...and Jaks who was just getting to know her...I am still in shock that she is suddenly gone, I am angry and feel empty but at the same time I still feel her wonderful joyful spirit around me...there is no question that we were beyond lucky to have found her and have her part of our warren. She will be missed every single day.

I will not be posting for awhile. I don't know how long...but today, this week, I just feel like I have nothing to give...I am spending every second I can with Jin, she's never been alone, she always always had Haz by her side...now we're all very lost without her.

...Go to Beanie, Gimmley, Thodan, Hobbs, and Noodle sweet girl...they will keep you good company intil we see you again someday.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Dear, sweet Mandy - I'm so sorry about Hazel. Ever since this post on Hazel (http://bijouswhimsy.blogspot.com/2009/05/weekend-photographs.html) about her being the clumsiest and funniest rabbit, I fell in love with her, too. She will be missed. My heart aches for your loss.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

I just found your blog. And I came across your post about losing your sweet Hazel. I'm SO sorry. It hits so close to home and makes my heart hurt for you, even though we've never met and I've never even been to your blog before. We have 7 of our own bunnies. Hugs to you and your bunnies.
Bridget

Christina said...

Godspeed on your journey to the bridge Hazel baby. Rest well in green meadows.

Jonathan said...

Can't really comment on this one except to say Hazel LLL.

I wanted you to know I did read it.