Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Sketched Bunnies I Love & A Tattoo Plan

So it's no secret to anyone whose been following my blog/work for even a short amount of time that I love love love to draw rabbits...they are one of my favourite things and I plan to be drawing even more of them in the future since I have plans in the works for another solo exhibition but this time it would be all on rabbits...I can't wait! Anyhow, a few of my new pieces for this Octobers solo exhibition does include rabbits (of course) and I just had to share these 2 little guys I sketched out for one of these pieces...I just love them...

I've always wanted to get a tattoo and recently I had an epiphany of what and when I would finally get said tattoo...I want it to start on the left side of my breast area, it will be a zipper opening up and out of that will be a stream of rabbits...well 8 rabbits and 2 skinny pigs...portraits of all our babies...but if they were done in this style, with stars etc drawn in as well, well I think that would just be incredible. I told myself I will get this tattoo when all of our babies have left us, which needless to say won't be for some time yet...but when that has happened, when our house is painfully empty, we told ourselves that we'd travel again. So whiles we're galavanting around the world in years to come, I'll have them with me there in ink as well as in heart...and than when we're ready to settle in at home again and perhaps get another beautiful group...those guys can be added later. That's the current plan and I feel very comfortable and excited with the ideal so that tells me its most likely a plan that will indeed come true.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Such gorgeous bunnies! I am a like-minded vegan animal girl too! My dream is to one day have a sanctuary It is sweet to read your posts. Great idea to get the the tattoo. Too bad you can give a tattoo to yourself because then it would be so lovely!

Christina said...

That would make an awesome tattoo. I got my one and only tattoo 6 years ago. I have often thought of adding bunnies to it. Maybe one day, who knows. I think the one you have in mind would look fantastic!

Jonathan said...

Love the sketches. They would make a very cool tatoo on the back, or maybe on the outside of one leg... :-)