Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Illustration

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend...we did but it did seem to fly by much too fast. It was a busy one full of great entertainment...which I'll fill you in on later, for it's going to be a crazy week and I just wanted to pop in
to share a new image of mine...A new series I am working on...Beautiful Birds...

Done in coloured pencil on Stonehenge, cut out and than mounted on a painted panel. They will be available as beautiful prints...printed on the same paper, Stonehenge and than mounted and sealed onto boards, ready for hanging...but I won't be listing them individually as I post them, like usual. I am going to try posting a block of things all at once, so I'll let you know when the first group of birds will be up in the shop. However winter is here and soon enough the freezing temperatures which will prevent us from getting into the garage to cut more wood...I am already scrambling...so I might be making a small run of each for now. Hope you enjoy it?...a pretty little birdie to brighten your day. p.s. If you've yet to see Julie & Julia, I highly recommend it...what a fantastic movie about not giving up on yourself, despite your path diverting from it's original plan and also not letting others opinions take your joy away...loved it so much. Meryl Streep is defiantly one of my favs.

5 comments:

Dogwood said...

Thanks for the recommendation to see Julia & Julie. I have been wanting to see it.

Love the picture. Talented lady.

The weekend did go by so fast...actually, the whole year has just flown by.

Have a restful evening.

Judit Gueth said...

Cute bird! :-) Definitely a cheery image with nice colours. I also like the background.

Jonathan said...

Thanks for the TLC yesterday Bijou. That was a nasty migraine. Glad ones like that don't come along too often for me.

Lori said...

Oh wow- I am so excited about your new bird series. It's very exciting Mandy. I love your style that shows through in all of your work. Each new work of yours is different in it's own way although still reflects your style. It cannot be mistaken for anyone else. I love that. You seem to be an artist down in your bones! Have you started the new photo blog?

Art by Katalin said...

I think we are both in the 'bird mood' as I'm also working on bird paintings. Love your birdy..so happy and colourful!