Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, December 18, 2009

Another "Beautiful Bird"...

I think it's pretty transparent that I am having a ball with these little birds of mine. I am really quite happy with this one. It's the most delicious sensation to sit down to sketch them out and suddenly it's like they take a hold of my pencil and tell me exactly how they want to be designed, how fluffy they want their plumage to be, how serious they want their expressions...it's feeling like a very natural series so far and I am really loving that and so happy I decided to make myself do some series work in 2009...now I can see the complete joy in it and the opposite of what I originally felt...I originally felt like a series would box me in and be dull and a cop out but now I see the freedom and fun and challenge instead. I am already working on a new series all with sweet little woman, I think I'll call them "The Harmony Hostesses" and I can't wait to start showing them to you all as well...they will probably start popping up in January of 2010....wow 2010, that sounds weird somehow doesn't it! What do yous think of this one?

Well I have alot more to show you so come back again soon. Hope your days up to Xmas are happy, bright and stress-free....our season is shaping up nicely with all the shopping already done and really just looking forward to time with each other, loved ones and the furry hearts. It does (on most days) really take very little to make a day beautiful and complete.

3 comments:

Dogwood said...

Again, I love the detail of the bird. Great job!

Yes, it does seem odd to write and say 2010.

Lori said...

LOVE love love! (as always)

Jonathan said...

Another great bird.