Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ella Luna Is Doing Great....

I just wanted to give an update on our Ella Bella and share abit of whats been going on. Ella went in for her surgery Thursday at about 9:30am and was home by 3:30 the same day (that was a long few hours to wait though let me tell you! whew!), the surgery went well and the doctor is hoping it's not malignant cancer but a savacious cyst, but we are not anxious in anyway to get the biopsy back! But anyhow thankfully she started eating right away when she got home (which can be a problem with rabbits who have gone through surgery, sometimes they just don't want to eat afterwards). She has a 5 inch cut stretching from her right side down to her belly and a 1 inch cut on her left shoulder...she is suppose to go back to the vets in about 10 days to get the stitches out but a few hours after being home she managed to pull quite of few of them out herself...to our horror and despite us constantly watching her! I had a massive migraine to deal with that day and I just couldn't stay awake so thankfully Jonathan was a trooper and stayed up through the first night to watch her. The cuts are healing up nicely despite the pulled stitches and she doesn't seem to be in pain at all though she does not at all like getting her antibiotics twice daily!.... Jon and I are joking that we feel like gophers....now that the cuts are healing up well, we don't have to watch her 24 hours type of thing but we still find ourselves popping up from whatever we're doing, even mid sleep! every 30 minutes to check on her.....our Ella Luna...our Ella Bella:D....our little trooper...Oh My Goodness, it felt soooo good to get her from the doctors and bring her back home again, phew!

It has indeed been a difficult month....it started with that nasty head/chest cold I got which took almost 2 weeks to go away. THAN, Ella Luna got g.i. stasis...which was scary but thankfully we caught it right away and she got better after 2 or 3 days. Jon and I have composed a special blog post together about our experience with g.i.stasus and what we find works best etc...but it's really a serious ailment that plagues rabbits for no obvious reason and it can kill a bunny quite quickly. A fellow blogger recently lost one of her sweet hearts to g.i. stasis and that's why I'll share our info with you all asap. THAN I got pretty severe anemia, which I had never had before and lets just say the first 2 days it hit were horrible and scary and no fun at all...it took me about 2 weeks to get well again and it's not something I ever want to have again...THAN this thing with Ella's bumps....so it's felt like a rough start to 2010 in a way and we're tired but we're happy everyone and everything is looking good again (knock on wood!)....

Thanks everyone for sending well wishes and good energy, that meant alot and I passed along every message and hug to Ella:D

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so relieved! I was just thinking of Ms. Ella Luna and so glad to hear she's doing well. Sorry for your migraines while she was supposed to be "recovering" but pulling out her stitches instead. Naughty bunny. (The naughty ones are my favorites...)

Jill said...

My friend, Lori Portka, recommended I check out your blog a while back. I'm so glad to hear surgery went well! As a first time human-pal-to-rabbits, your blog has been extremely helpful. I'll be reading up more on g.i. stasis.

Please give Ella Luna a hug from me. :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh thank goodness!! Good, positive and happy vibes will continue to be sent your way my friend. So good to read this post.
yf,
shell

Dogwood said...

Thanks for the update on your sweetie. Sounds like the wounds are healing. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear you are feeling better also. You have had a rough start to 2010 but I believe it will start getting better.

Sweetness to you lovley lady.

Lori said...

phew! I am so happy.

Lavender Rabbit said...

So glad to read you're both doing better! Nose rubs to Miss Ella Luna and hopes for better days ahead..

Charlotte said...

I hope both you and Ella Luna continue to feel better
xx

Jonathan said...

This is turning out to be an eventful year already...but if we didn't have lows...there would be no highs I guess right?

At least foo-foo is doing great...in fact, I don't think she is in any pain at all...which as it turns out is bad because she is jumping all over the place like a little fool...a lovely cute snuggly black fool at least.