Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, April 30, 2010

AOM's April Windows...

I like showing you the window displays at Art On Main. My pal Rachael always does a great job. These are April's windows... ...and my sweet Nubbin "Ellie Ebben Grey" made it into the showcase, hooray! I've heard quite a few times that these little art dolls of mine are what prompts some people to come in the store so that's always great to hear.
The right side window looks great too...(the big blue textile on the wall is one of Rachael's, I am trying to convince her to open an Etsy shop because she makes fantastic jewelry)...
...and my little birdies look great hanging in there too:D
Also, making life at AOM much lovelier these days is my new friend and our new intern Jenn...I am so glad she's joined us and I look forward to my shifts much more knowing I get to spend some time with her...and she's just as huggy as me, ha ha.
There are ups and downs to being part of an art collective...alot of different temperaments, work ethics and personalities and well honestly things don't always jive together quite as well as they should but I assume it's like this in most collectives and it's a learning experience that I welcome. For the most part I feel pretty lucky to be part of the organization because it's the only one of it's kind here in our Northern Area. There are only 15 of us, with only 8 more spots for new comers in the new location and half of those are filled up already...so if your local and interested send in an application cause spots are very limited.

5 comments:

Dogwood said...

Oh, yes...the window display is very pretty. It will really catch the eyes of passer-bys. I love the branch with your birds hanging on it. Very nice disply for your artwork.

Have a fabulous day. Hi to your sweet bunnies!

Mr. Spoqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I am so happy to hear about Jenn. That's all you need is one good friend to make the rest of a cooperative bearable. And of course I love the birds are so great. What are they made of? Love em.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

The birds are fantastic and look so pretty displayed like that!

Jonathan said...

What makes a great window display? A Nubin, or some of your birds...or better yet, both!