Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some Old Watercolours Revisited...

I did some works in watercolour pencil wayyyy back in 2004. I was tired of looking at them in my studio but still liking them enough to not entirely pack them away and forget about them. Than last week I pulled some work from the gallery and needed to fill the space, so I thought 'why not try to spruce those oldies up abit'...so I did, I added some coloured pencil and acyclic and I think they are refreshed and looking good. I put corrugated mats on them and with a foam core backing and cellophane wrapping, instead of putting them in frames I am able to keep the selling price lower... They are all from photographs I took during our 2004 East Coast trip...
So all of the originals are available at Art On Main or if your interested you can email me or leave a comment...the originals measure about 5 x 7 inches.
If your interested in print versions, you can now get them in my Etsy shop here....
What do yous think, was it worth revisited them?

7 comments:

Art by Katalin said...

Oh I have some of those 'old' works in my drawers that I would like to revisit...but mainly for fixing up mistakes..haha :)
I think these are wonderful Mandy, maybe you could have also posted the original versions to compare. I really like the first two..lovely colours and details! I'm sure the gallery will brighten with your works in it!
(and thanks for the linking!) xo:)

Dogwood said...

I likee them all. The style and colors are brilliant. What fun to swap things around and bring out some of your older artwork.

Have a fun day...Cory

jacqueline said...

WOW i am loving your old art work! They are sooo gorgeous! It's always so much fun to re-visit and see how you have grown and evolved. :) Thanks so much fro sharing your older works with us. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Lori said...

I am especially loving the last one best of all :)

Lori said...

I am especially loving the last one best of all :)

Jonathan said...

The white added to the pics really punches them up. Nicely done.

Pamela Holderman said...

Mandy your art is beautiful Thanks for visiting my site - so much fun visiting everyone!