Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My New Display at the New Art On Main...

So finally, I am posting to show you my new display for "Bijou's Whimsy" at the newly moved Art On Main (the artist collective I've been a member of since June of 2009). I've been getting tons of great feedback and people seem to love my Beautiful Birds Collection AND the water blue I painted the fantastic shelves Jonathan built for me...

I am also getting lots of positive comments on the cedar branches I decided to put up to hang my Nubbin birds from:D...

...I worked my butt off to get 14 (of the so far 20) Beautiful Birds prints mounted...and I am so so so pleased with how they turned out, the whole process of making them and the quality...

Two of my Beautiful Birds are in the window display alongside work from our newest member Dave Carlin. I find it such a lovely thing to be in the same window as Dave because he's been such a significant light to me and to my creative world...he was my first mentor in the art world and one of the first ones to nurture my creative spirit...and to this day, even after attending one of the best art schools in Canada, he is still one of the best art teachers I have ever had..and he is also a dear wise friend, so needless to say I am proud to be in the same space...
...So that's me and my work, what do you think of my new display???

9 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

Oh the birds do look fantastic as a group!

Karen M said...

I really love your display, especially the branches for the birds, and the way the color of your shelves sets off the art work. But my favorite thing is the way the bird paintings look like a quilt when viewed from a distance.

Becky Tyre said...

Mandy, I love your display. Incorporating the branch is so dimensional and the shelves are a great color choice.
I write a blog abut store displays for inspiration and ideas. I ewould like to include your display soon. Please check it out and let me know. You can get my email address from my blog, linked below.
Becky Tyre
Retail Details blog at:
http://www.swirlmarketing.com

Cathy said...

The display is beautiful! Cohesive and fabulous colors. I also love the branches...so fun!

Jonathan said...

You know what I think of your display...great.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Mandy!! It is absolutley gorgeous! I love how you added the branches for your birds to hang on. That was brilliant!
Gorgeous work my friend!

Nat said...

the birds are individually beautiful, but to see them in the grouping, it is quite stunning. I guess it is because of all the color, which you do very well.

Mandy Saile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Christine Dennison said...

Wow this looks really fantastic, I hope you sell all of your work!!!