Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Wee Whispy

Here is a new little pretty in my 'Wee Whispy' series, the 4th one so far, it's not really a series I have plans for yet, other than just to enjoy making them, imprint my energy and favourite messages onto them and hoping some like minded soul out there wants to adopt them...I don't even know if I'll do prints of them for my shop since they are hard to scan in because of the buttons, etc...I do plan to put any originals that don't sell at the gallery, into my Etsy shop, but so far they seem to be selling through the gallery (however if your interested you can always email me and I'll pull them out of the gallery and ship them to you)...anyhow the colours feel so cozy to me and the words on this one I adore and well I think will definitely speak to any kindred spirit out there...it reads "Those Who Are Willing To Be Vulnerable Move Among Mysteries"...

In other news, you all know I've been pretty busy getting things ready for the Grand Reopening of Art On Main, well that whole thing happened on Friday night and I am so pleased to say it was a huge huge success (lots of photos to share with you soon). I admit, I had my doubts and concerns about the new location but others in the collective saw things with a clearer, more positive vision and they were right...the new spot it incredible, warm, artsy, beautiful and I am so proud to be a part of it all. We also just received a large Fednor grant to fund further improvements, so that's very exciting to us as well.

...now that the new store is up and running and looking fabulous, we can all sigh breathes of relief and see lighter workloads ahead (regarding the gallery)...The rest of our weekend was lovely, well no actually Saturday unfortunately I was rendered pretty much useless because of a bad migraine but Sunday was pain-free and sunny (literally:D) and we did nothing but hang out in the yard and garden with the buns and that was ohhh so lovely and had me feeling very very grateful...we got some great shots of the buns and Jon captured the most adorable one of Jaks yawning...I'll share that soon too.

Well, my week ahead is looking good and clear of appointments and I plan to spend most of this day on the Taking Flight e-course, which I am just loving. Have a great one everyone. XO M.

6 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

She is beautiful Mandy!
Wishing you all the best and lots and lots of sales in the new location! Looking forward to seeing pictures of Jaks yawning!

Dogwood said...

She is darling. So cute and sweet. Love the buttons.

So, glad the opening went well and you are pleased with the location. Change can be hard but sounds like you are feeling good about the new space.

Have a nice evening. Dogwood

jacqueline said...

WOW your 'Wee Whispy' series looks gorgeous! I really love all the little details and those so very cute buttons! Congratz on the success of Grand Reopening of Art On Main!! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

The Bunns said...

Great - now - LET's SEE THOSE BUNNIES!

Jonathan said...

Hi Bijou...man I really love your whispy's. They really are great. Would be great collection to have for a little girls room.

Lori said...

Oh I love her long arms and the colors in this one.