Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Wonderful Concert...

On Friday night Jonathan and I had a nice night out and treated ourselves to a fantastic vegetarian meal at one of our favourite local eateries called "The Urban Cafe" and we booked dinner on this particular night because I knew that the 'The Folkstar Vagabonds" were playing, which is a duo made up of Elaine Ryan and Melissa Bandura... I asked if they minded me taking some shots...and they didn't...so here are a few of my favs...
They both had incredible voices which blended together so so beautifully.
...and here is me with my newest purchase making me oh so happy...Elaine Ryan's album...I didn't have enough cash on me to buy both c.d & e.p's so I opted for Elaines album called "Songs From The River" because the themes of her songs really speak to me...but I plan to buy Melissa's when her full album comes out.
They both seemed like really cool chicks and I was so inspired after I left the concert...there is something about seeing fellow artists, even if in a totally different industry, living and pursuing their dreams...living their art...that lifts me up and reminds me that with hard-work and preservance that such a thing is possible for anyone...including a little coloured pencil artist:D! If you ever get the chance to see these ladies perform together or separately, I highly recommend it. For me beautiful music makes for a happy heart and a beautiful atmosphere in my beloved studio...which is where I am blasting the cd right now:D...See you on Wednesday all. Thanks for hopping in.

7 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Mandy they are wonderful! I love that kind of music!
How fun that dinner must have been. I wish I could have been there too!

Dogwood said...

Sounds like a nice evening out with your hubby. Nice to get out and listen to nice music.

Happy First Day of Summer...

Lori said...

Cool. I couldn't agree more with that- seeing other artists and how it lifts you up. I am going to have to listen :) By the way, super cute pic of you!

Lori said...

Ok, only listened for 30 seconds and goosebumps. wow

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks guys:D Lori, I wasn't sure if I should put that pic of me up but I kinda liked it so thanks:D ha ha....I figure people wanna see the artist behind the work right so I am trying to 'show' myself abit more:D

Diane said...

Great art and blog--so glad I found you!!

Jonathan said...

Another great little concert. Like yourself, I really liked the harmony also...plus the dinner that Jonathan served up at the Urban Cafe was delicious.