Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Piebirds 2nd Annual Picnic Marathon & Concert

So now that I am feeling better I have TONS of photos I just HAVE to show you in this post.  I only picked my very favourites but there are plenty of them so grab your cup of coffee and join me...

...This is one of my favourite days from this summer. At the end of July, Jon and I zoomed back from a  quick visit to Toronto in time to attend the 2nd annual Picnic & Garden Concert hosted by the fabulous Piebird, & its proprietors Yan & Sherry, a fab young couple that I really respect...

It was a day where you could bring your own lunch & a picnic blanket & sought out a perfect spot to get comfy under the blazing sun & delicious blue skies for an afternoon of awesome music, happiness, and people with great mojo...


It was a lovely family event, full of beautiful kids running amuk...this is my gorgues pal Jana with her little human lovely...


...Adam Puddington was one of the musicians up first...


Than the completely fantastic Prescott's, a family group...


The bands stars however are Kaylen & Kelly Prescott who are brother & sister (pictured here is Kaylen Prescott on guitar) ...


...and Kelly (shown here) is actually married to Adam Puddington.  Click here to see the video for what I think was my favourite song they preformed this day...


...I love taking candid shots...like this one of the Piebird Peeps, Yan & Sherry, I think they are some of my favourite people to snap shots of...


...and I adore this shot, to me it perfectly captures the sparkling innocence & simplicity which was part of this day...


...as The Prescott's played, Curtis from "The Brothers Chaffey" sat and listened...another cool candid shot...


There was lots of hoolahooping going on...


...Lots of smiling in the sunlight...


During a short break, we strolled about the Piebird property.  The Piebird is just a happy place where you feel very at home & comfortable, I just love it so much & the earth friendly/animal kind lifestyle that Yan and Sherry have going on (who are both vegetarians, yayyy:D)...

...Here are some more of my most favourite shots...


And than the music started up again with an excellent rock & blues band called the Brothers Chaffey & man did they ever rock...


They had people up and dancing...


...and of course, I just had to get an cd and meet the lead singer...


It was just such a relaxing and easy going day...


Where you could play with friends...


...Play some soccer in between sets...


...Sit on a old Ford tractor...


Listen to some great music & converse with goats....


A day I am not soon to forget...

Thanks for hopping in, I know it was a long one, but hope hope hope you enjoyed seeing the photos??? 

Jonathan edited some video and put together some youtube items, there are 5 from the music from this day...if your interested check em out here:
Video One : Prescott wih Adam Puddington
Video Two : Prescott
Video Three : Brothers Chaffey
Video Four : Brothers Chaffey
Video Five : Brothers Chaffey

XO M & The Buns...

P.S. Back to Art & Bunnies next week.

14 comments:

Karen M said...

What fun! I really enjoyed your photographs, but that first goat picture had me laughing and accidently sending sesame seeds from my bagel flying. He so looks like he (she?) is plotting something.

Kerry said...

there should be a reaction check box for cozy or heartwarming:) Your photos definitely evoke the warm and fuzzies!

Sherry Milford said...

Oh Mandy! These photos and your comments brought tears of glee to my eyes. Thank you for capturing Piebird and mine and Yan's life in such glorious shots.
People like you make all we do here so worth it and more than fun. See you soon. Love, Sherry

Lori said...

Wow Mandy. You are such a great photographer. I think you captured the heart of this event. Thanks for a little window into your world :)

Jonathan said...

Man, that really captures the day...and then some!

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks so so much Karen, Kerry, Sherry and Lori....I am so glad you all love the post and photos..

..and Sherry if I made you happy, that brings tears of glee to my eyes, ha ha cause that means my shots etc are appreciated:D

Kerry....I think I might just have to add 'cozy' and 'heartwarming' reaction buttons now...great ideal, ha ha. thanks.

Be well lovely people, be well and I am sending each and every one of you a giant hug right now.

M2BM said...

im lovin your camera too.LOL I feel like Im there looking at your pictures

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Oh my gosh Mandy! Your photos are just down right incredible! Girlfriend you have such an incredible eye. You truly can capture the beauty in everything!!!!!
Love the music, love the videos and truly love how you captured this day. I felt like I was there!
xx, shell

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks Meant2B and Shell.....Shell I sooo wish you were there with us too. Someday when we visit one another, maybe this will be an event we share:D

amy friend said...

beautiful capture of a day! you made me laugh...and after a day at a funeral, that's a very good thing!

jacqueline said...

Mandy this is such a fun post! Thanks so much for all these gorgeous photos! I really wish i was with you. :) Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Carrie Schmitt said...

Wow. I want to be friends with all of these people! This is living! Beautiful images to capture such lovely memories. Wish I had been there!

Kristin Dudish said...

Great Photos!

I'm so glad you're feeling better... Hope youre able to enjoy the rest of September :)

Unknown said...

LOVE your pix of our favourite b&b! We're returning to Piebird soon and just can't wait!
cheers, mike & nancy, mississauga