Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Great Big Postcard Swap Sweetie...

I wanted to hop in today to show you the sweet little piece I just finished for The Great Big Postcard Swap hosted by Beth over at the Do What You Love blog...This is the 2nd year for this swap and there was quite a turn out with 85 people from 13 countries on 5 continents participating.

...most of you know that bunnies make up a very very big part of my home...physically and spiritually...having a home full of bunnies fills me with love and helps me grow and be more loving to the rest of the world...so a bunny full of nurturing love sprang forth when I conjured something up for the postcard swaps theme of 'home'.


...I made this stitched postcard with black, light blue, cream and red coloured felt, which I added some floral stamens to, than some red and white glass beads, some green and pink silk ribbon and a sweet singular pink button...all stitched by hand with black embroidery floss...


... I am hoping the person I send it too loves it & appreciates the time put into it and I am hoping they'll want to display it, so I also added abit of ribbon on the back so it could be easily hung.


So what do you think???  not to bad for my very first postcard swap...I admit that I'd kinda like to keep it, ha ha but tomorrow I am going to wrap it up sweetly and safely and mail it off to the recipient in Michigan USA...I am anxious to receive mine..I wonder which one I'll get.  I am so so glad I got it done because my head was just pounding the whole day but I knew I had to get it finished and I did, wohoo:D Now I am off to upload these photos to the flickr group, pop on by to see what everyone else has done if your interested.

Sweet dreams all and wishing some lucky bunny love to you all as well.

XO Mandy & The Bunnies from felt & stitching land.

15 comments:

Kerry Henrikson said...

What a great idea....love it!

BFree said...

Cute, reminds me of home too. My grandma has a fondness for bunnies too. This was my first swap, what fun!

Stephanie Amos said...

it's adorable! i'd want to keep it too! =) sounds like a fun swap.

Kris said...

Oh, Mandy - Your postcard is darling!!! Could you accidently put my address on it instead of the recipient in Michigan?? :-)))

Beth Nicholls said...

Mandy, this is so sweet, and I love the story stitched into it. And what a great idea to add the ribbon - you are going to make someone's day!
Thanks so much for joining in
Beth

Jenny said...

Wooow! This is AMAZING! so beautiful and so much detail! I'm certain who ever is lucky enough to get this will LOVE it!
I'm taking part in the postcard swap too for the first time! Almost finished! But having great fun!
Your postcard is not going to Scotland by any chance.....?! :)

Shari Sherman said...

Mandy, it's amazing! I'm doing the swap this time around too. Not finished yet, will post when done. Yours is very inspirational. I'm sure whoever recieves it is going to be thrilled!!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks everyone...I am glad I got it done too because my heads just been throbbing...thanks for all your sweet comments, I am quite content with it as well...I am not saying who the recipient is yet cause I want it to be a surprise when they open the package:D...but no, ha ha Jenny, it's unfortunately not going to Scotland, if I had a 2nd I'd send it to you for sure though:D XO

Irina said...

Hello!
I discovered your blog through the Card Swap Flickr group. Your postcard is amazing and all your drawings too...and I love your bunnies...

Donnell said...

Love the bunny. Cool idea.

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

What a way to work this bunny love!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Well you know I love it! Oh my gosh!!! Fantastic!
xx, shell

Antoinette Vogt said...

. . . but I don't live in Michigan!!! (There is a lucky person who does though - and I know they will display it! It's just lovely)

Karen M said...

This is beautiful, Mandy. The bunny looks so content.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

You went all-out for this. Nice job!!! Maybe you could make another to keep at home?? (when things quiet down...)