Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Owlette Owan

Hi everyone, just hopping in today to show you a new creation.  I cut out some owl shapes from kiln dried pine quite a few weeks ago, I did about 10 of them & I had a ball designing each little character to be completely different from the next...and just last week I got around to painting the first little guy...

This series is called "Owlettes" and this little guys name is "Owan"...


I did this piece in acyclic and coloured pencil on gessoed pine.

 I am not sure yet if I'll bring the originals of this series to the gallery, to the City Streets Sale or put them up for adoption in my Etsy shop but until I decide I did just put a print version of him in my Etsy shop...


Thanks sooo much to everyone for the lovely birthday wishes, I had the best day and am feeling very very loved, lucky and completely spoiled in the studio today:D

See you all Saturday with Novembers giveaway. 

Have a wonderful day.  XO M & The Messy Buns.

10 comments:

Stephanie Amos said...

So happy to hear you had a well deserved, wonderful day! I love Owan! He's so freakin' cute!
xx
samos ;)

Jenny said...

Woweee! Owan the owl is stunning! Love the colours and the details, look forward to seeing the rest of the flock (if thats what you call a gathering of owls?!!) :)

Diane said...

Mandy, I can never get over your creations--they are just so cool, and now I have one of my own, because I just opened up my giveaway piece from you that was in my mailbox today. You are such an awesome artist--Thank You!! I love it!!

Mandy Saile said...

Oh you ladies have given me the happy chills, do you ever get those:D Thanks Stephanie, Jenny and Diane....Stephanie, I am so glad we've meet through our blogs, Jenny I think your new? welcome to my little world I hope you visit again soon and thanks so much for taking time to comment:D and Diane, I am so so glad you love your print. Hugs to you all. Hope your having a wonderful day:D XO.

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Mandy, your owl is gorgeous and i really love the colors...so bright and cheery! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Nelly said...

The colors on this owl are so bright and gorgeous! It is really a striking piece.

Love it!

Lori said...

Wait, you CUT those out? Of wood. I am so impressed with that. I never touch any type of saw whatsoever. Or barely any other tool for that matter! I love all the detail in your owl. That is one of my favorite things about your work- all the loving detail you put into it. You are amazing. xoxo

Marianne said...

I love everything you do.
You know I'm going to want the complete set. Better go count my quarters.

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks Jacqueline, Lori, Nelly and Marianne...I was hoping people would enjoy Owan as much as I enjoyed making him:D

Lori, yeah I did cut out the wood...I cut out all of my own wood and sand it etc. I get power tools for presents these days, ha ha. I got an 18" dremel scrollsaw last birthday, an oscillating band sander for xmas..this birthday I got a sweet mouse sander:D...I am as comfortable in a tool/wood store as a bookstore, ha ha...it's growing up with as a carpenters daughter and having a honey whose very handy as well:D...but yeah, I am proud that I cut them out myself too...I do get abit nervous but I just make sure I am comfortable, this past summer I even got acquainted with Jons chopsaw:D the only thing I won't touch is the tablesaw.

Anyhoo, thanks ladies:D XXOO.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Well, in fairness, the table saw is one of the more dangerous tools in our workshop. I am proud that you "man-up" and get your hands dirty (??sawdusty??)...and of course, telling the guys at the hardware shop that the pro tool I am buying is for my wife is always fun!!

Oh, and I love the owl... :-)