Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Buns & The Dehydrator

When the buns hear us bringing out and filling up the dehydrator their ears perk up and they get very excited...


...because they know that yummy sulphur dioxide free snackies are to be had...


We do a big batch every few months...this time it was apples, mango's, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper and carrots...yum yum yum to a rabbits tum tum, ha ha... 


We do buy lots of treats at the stores still, but we do avoid the sugar, chemical, seed & corn packed items...the dehydrated snacks we make ourselves are defiantly ranked as one of the best rabbits snacks by our furry brood.

Happy Day to you all...

XO Mandy & 4 well fed buns 

9 comments:

Karen M said...

The snacks look delicious. I didn't know buns could eat tomatos?

Stephanie Amos said...

can i be one of your bunnies for a day? ;) i'm hooked on cabbage for the time being.

Mandy Saile said...

I'd take care of ya and feed ya some of the dried fruit for sure sweet Stephanie:D ha ha. I heard that before, ha ha....they said when they died they wanted to come back as one of my rabbits.

Karen, yes, rabbits can eat tomatoes:D...ours didn't like them at first but now it's one of their favs...they get fresh tomatoes every night in their dinners. And tomatoes have antioxidants that help fight cancer so we like knowing the bunnies might have help in that department since we've had 1 sweetie so far die of cancer. Maybe Ginny & Weaseley would like them:D

Heather Foust said...

Oooooo I want some bunnie food!!!

Effy said...

LOVE your Buns, and those snacks are heaven to my eyes. Nom nom!

Anonymous said...

I want to be one of your bunnies to get them yummeess

Diane said...

How cute--everyone loves treats!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh my gosh! I have to get one of those! I would love those snacks too!
xx,shell

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Rabbits can eat Tomatoes....but NOT the greens (very toxic for them).

That was a good batch...plus the huge pineapple we did a few days later. That should hold them over for...um a few weeks I hope.