Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Things Making Me Happy

I've hit a few unexpected bumps the last couple of weeks...
I've been feeling really jumbled up,  slightly fed up and I admit a tad grouchy....
I know alot of it is just simply being tired and needing to refuel.
I know I am allowed to feel this way & I have reasons
BUT
I can't take a break right now and need to quickly re-align....
So I've been sitting here thinking on how can I snap out of this funk quickly?...
Perhaps I should take a pause, look around and....

Take in all the things that tickle my heart happy....

Things like...
Other artists and a wall of inspiring art in the bedroom that I wake up to every morning...


or the fact that I actually treated myself to this teeny tiny original by Juliette Crane
or that I won a print of hers ages ago which I'll soon be getting into a frame...


I get happy when I look at this greeting card by my pal Lori Portka
which is perched atop the living room armoire...


I love that we recently celebrated our Jinny's 5th year with us.
(which I am so grateful for, espeacially when my friend just lost her Sugie bun, who was not even 3 yet)
I am so grateful that our Jinster is healthy and happy and in her forever home.
Jin is 7 or perhaps older, we aren't quite sure but she's a sweetie-pie that's for sure...
and very soon we'll have oodles of time outside together.


It cheered me up to have a nice phone chat with my best friend Judit, 
I really needed her help with something and she gave great advice...
I must say I am so proud of my bestie whose oh so talented...
(I love having some of her wallpaper rolls hanging around my studio)...


And I love hearing about her itty bitty Bean.  Who I've not seen since last summer...
so this photo of him and I snuggling makes me smile and makes me happy.


I can't help but get giddy over these new soap dispensers...
I just couldn't resist...
they quench my beauty thirsty eyes quite nicely I find, ha ha...
and are tucked away safely to be revealed again when we finally remodel our 2 bathrooms this summer...


And I feel happy having spent abit of time this past Easter weekend with my family...
I just love this photo of me and my mom from last year, blurriness and all...


(Though I admit, as I sit in my chilly basement studio writing this post,
I do find myself missing my long hair which always seemed oh so warm, ha ha.)...

I feel happy that I have a honey who brings me awesome Indian food on Friday nights...
and who recently out of blue came home with 18 pairs of Fiskars scissors
just cause he thought I'd have fun with them.
A honey who will give our rabbit physio every couple of hours without any complaint
and a honey who just recently asked me 'So what will be my job in your rabbit sanctuary'
(ahhh swooning enters here, ha ha).

I could go on and on...
which is a really good feeling, ha ha...

HEH, This helped...I DO feel better...

It's all about slowing down in the muddle and re-aligning our perspectives isn't it...
What's making your heart zing and sing today???

XO Mandy and a very happy bucking romping Roo Boo XO

11 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Such beautiful things! No wonder it helped. :) Music usualy helps me or a good book. It depends on the mood. :) Happy wednesday to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Mandy this is such a gorgeous and inspiring post! Love it and I love how you love your bunnies!

Anonymous said...

your pos made me happy today
i loved all the pictures of the things that make you happy
this was a fun post
where did you get those bottles?
they are FUN FUN FUN!
i WANT SOME!

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks Natasha. Natascha books and music are definitely on my happy list too...lately espeacially 'The Morning Benders', Jane Monheit, Diana Panton and Au Revoir Simone...a run on the treadmill with any of those will chase away the muddles:D

Michele..I am so glad you enjoyed this post...thanks for letting me know. XO

Judit Gueth said...

Wow, it made me happy too, just to read your post! Thanks dearest Chicken! I miss you, I wish we could get together more often.

The Bean is so much more fun now! Can't wait for the next visit!
Love,
J.

Natascha said...

Wonderful post...i was feeling the same way and found getting some sleep. Going to bed a bit early and thinking positive thoughts much like your post improved my mood. You have an inspiring studio too by the way! :0)

Lori said...

Mandy, this post made me so happy! Thank you so much. I've missed you. I've been painting like crazy and not visiting my blog friends...feeling a little detached. Thank you for including me. I am glad you are feeling better- I love all of your loves :) hugs to you

Art by Katalin said...

Oh Mandy, what a lovely post..it cheered me up too just reading about the things that makes you happy! :)
I'm so busy painting I don't have the time either to visit my blog friends.:(
Music is on the top of my happy list,and when my kids give me a hug. My bunny always makes me smile.But when I'm really down the best help is a chat with my mom.
Happy thoughts! :)

Lisa said...

Hoppy Happy Birthday/Gotcha-day, Jinny!!!! And Many more :) Love the soap dispensers, and I'm swooning over your hunny a little bit too :)

Jules Dolly said...

I love this blog post Mandy, it made me feel better as I'm a little cranky today and not sure why. Thank you ... I soooo love your bunnies! x

Misty said...

aw!

YOU are making my heart zing and sing today! :D
I'm oh-so inspired by your lovely art and tender moments you freeze in time on your blog! :)